Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at coles web site I have noticed that the Beretta DT 11 skeet models do not have a barrel selector there is no mention about this in the product description does anyone have any information about this
Shotgun Gun accessory Gun barrel Eye glass accessory Wood

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Beretta has made non-selectable guns for ages. The only difference is the safety, if your gun doesn't have a selector and you want one, install a safety with one, and vice versa. A selector is typically locked off on American skeet guns anyways, and a selector is NEVER an asset if you aren't going to use it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Beretta has made non-selectable guns for ages. The only difference is the safety, if your gun doesn't have a selector and you want one, install a safety with one, and vice versa. A selector is typically locked off on American skeet guns anyways, and a selector is NEVER an asset if you aren't going to use it.
I have 2 ASE 90's one is a skeet gun (without bbl selector) the other is a sporting (with selector). Don't know about the DT-11, but the drop out trigger from the ASE 90 skeet gun will not work in the ASE 90 Sporting or vice-versa. 1cas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting, my DT-10 skeet has a selector. On the DT-10 the only thing that seems to distinguish it as a skeet gun is that it patterns 50/50 which would suggest the “skeet” part is in the barrel & rib configuration.

Although swapping a safety control of a selectable barrel gun with a selector safety control would with a non-selectable safety control would create a non-selectable gun, the reverse is not necessarily true. The action has to contain some amount of mechanical features to engage with the selector on the safety control. If the action does not contain those features (as with the ASE 90) swapping the safety control won’t work.

I would also throw out that while my new 692 X-Trap has selectable barrels, it also has a lock screw that has to be removed to allow the selector switch to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts