Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on purchasing a new shotgun for hunting. I was thinking of the 1187. What do you guys think about getting a short barrel and mag extension for this gun for HD when I am not out trying to kill birds.
Mark

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
i have the 11-87 sportsman... have a 21 inch RemChoke vent rib barrel but since i went tactical with it, i ordered the 18 police bbl from Rem...

i also have a mag extension now and a receiver mount for an EoTech and a tac light... if i want, i can pull the tac stuff off, put the 21 inch back on, and i'm in the woods or breaking a few clays with the same SG... maintain a semi-auto well and you'll have a fine dependable weapon for turkey or zombie...

my 870 rules, but the 11-87 is catching up 8)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi faceplant, Sounds like a great plan to me. I got my tactical skeet gun. A 11-87 Sportsman w/ Choate PG stock and a 26" bbl. I stayed with the longer barrel, so I could put on a 5 rd extention. In Michigan a semi auto can't have more than 5 rd capacity, for hunting. So if I was going hunting, I'd just take off the extention. Go for it!
The only thing you miss out on, is the sound of a pump gun. But with an auto, letting the bolt slam home is just as scarey a sound.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
:shock:

greathounder... totally agree on the bolt closing signature of a semi... i wonder why hollywood hasn't used that sound bite in the movies...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.