Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking for a semi auto for duck hunting has anyone out there tried one of these, Where are they made and what do you think i want to keep my budget under $500 because it will get used and dinged any other semi autos out there you could recommend for this price or less thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I have tried to find the walmart special order gun catalog that people talk about but without success the website just comes up with some chokes and barrels and Air guns i guess im looking in the wrong place but have spent a couple hours on this really want to have a look at the Beretta and what else they have i went to website outdoor living hunting no luck
Also im in LA i will have to call around to find the nearest walmart that i can order from before driving on a wild goose chase so the stocking no would help when i call up the associate and ask if i can order a gun before driving miles to the store or if they have it in stock So if anyone has this link or where to find it i would apreciate it.
One more question 26inch or 28 inch barrel for duck hunting or is this irrelevant excuse my lack of knowledge here maybee a dumb question but i want to get it right first time
Also thanks for your input i appreciate the advice

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou im heading of to bass pros to check out the Stoeger and Beretta today if i prefer the Beretta i will go back to Walmart Or ask Bass pros to price match it wait my 10 days again then pick it up.
Thanks Elk hunter for clearing that up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well my bass pros had neither in stock they said they could order 3091 cynergy for $909 and there distributor had no info on a stoeger 2000 without a pistol grip he could not tell me how much, its so hard to find anyone to sell you a gun in this state it sucks im now going to battle with walmart see what happens there ill update on the progress this state (California) sucks for hunters

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi gents thanks for all your input really appreciate it i just dropped my Lab of today to Hightest retrievers in Sacramento for a 3 month gun dog course now if i only can get my gun before duck season all will be well some people kindly forwarded a link to me and im hoping to purchase the walmart Beretta 3901 i believe it is called the citizen,
Thanks again rockett65

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made my decision on the 3901 citizen i found one in boise Idaho Cabelas for $579 they charge 25 for shipping so my final cost is
$604.00 gun and shipping
$135.94 DOJ paperwork fees and sales tax $25 $50 $60.94 respectively
$739.94 total cost to me
In Los Angeles Culver City Retting wanted $850 plus tax and paperwork fees they do throw in the holier than thou attitude for free though. I should get my gun 10 days from yesterday and looking forward to bagging some ducks this season once again thanks everyone for your input it really was a toss up for me on the Stoeger 2000 and the Beretta 3901 my decision was made by your guys input reading from the internet and resale value i will post pictures when i recieve the gun Thanks Rockett

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well i got my 390 and used it dove hunting in Casa Grande Arizona opener it cycles very reliably and think it will need to be fit before i can decide if really like it am planning on going to the range next week and shooting some more with it thanks everyone for their input i have tried to upload photos but have been unsuccesfull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.