Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just to give you guys and gals a heads up. We have been seeing some new ducks and geese move into Nebraska already. Most of the resident can can's have been educated or moved on down south. Educated to a point that more then three honks at them and they will veer away. :( Still a few teal in the area. A few fat boy green heads have moved in from up north and good numbers are being taken of smaller puddle ducks. Not sure when it all kicks off for you, but looking to be a good start this year. :)

Gary Bottger

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I was standing out in the yard a couple of nights ago and heard my first flight of geese this season. Couldn't see them but heard the racket.

Seen a few teal buzzing around but y'all need to send some more ducks down. If you boys would throw down some cold weather here in a few weeks we'd sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) I'll do what I can but must say Mother Nature and I aren't on a first named basis. roflmao After all the blue bird / glass pond days of last year I would rather not say what I call her. hehe I ate my first 3 greater Can Can's this past weekend. Man nothing finer then having that first goose. My in laws were more excited to come out and have goose for the 35th wedding anniversary then to go out and eat.

I've been keeping an eye to the sky and would say if the north wind would keep blowing its bound to push something that way. I think the basin opens up this weekend and a bunch will be pushed out of southern Nebraska. I've seen 4 large flocks so far this week flying high and headed your way. More and more puddle ducks coming into the area every day.

A few lower temps up north are helping but they are saying 80's for this weekend and with any luck and all those fields harvested maybe they will stay around a few days so we get a poke at em. :)

I'll be out this weekend blowing like a crazed fool wearing sun tan lotion. hehehe

Gary Bottger

·
Registered
57 Posts
last sunday my wife and I got home and it was later in the afternoon but we saw several large flights of snows moving through. gosh what a pretty sight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.