Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Cause they patterned real well out of my gun.....the turkey Sat morning sure wished I hadn't used them, so did the one this morning. A fella I was hunting with on Sun hit a bird and I shot at it as it was trying to take flight, a broom pole sized limb was cut through as I really wasnt paying a lot of attention to site picture when the woods are exploding in front of me and the bird went down.You need to check the shell choice in the 4-6 sizes and see which does the best for your gun, you'll likely even see better results with the 3" over a 3.5".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I've been using Remington 3 inch 4x6's for a few years now here in Ohio.The past 2 spring seasons I have killed both of my birds at approx. 35 yds. I use an 870 with a Rem. x-full choke anda cheap BSA 30 mm. red dot. jisco

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love these shells and will not use any other. I picked off a sparrow of with this for a pratice shot no lie 75 yards away and droped him. The turkey's were hiding because it was raining out!!

G

·
If it were an English sparrow, more power to you!!! These are not protected in most states and are thought of as invasive exotics. I am pretty harsh on them since they out compete the bluebirds for nesting cavities. If it were any other small bird; FIE, and double FIE!!! Most other birds are protected by both state and federal laws and the consequences can be harsh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts