Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I owned a bps with the duratouch finish.I had to send mind back to get it refinished after getting OFF on it.I was told that WD-40 will do the same thing.The entire camo finish came off of mine.I use rem oil and break free.My dealer said that they were the best choices for camo finish.He said he has had to send severeal camo finish shotguns back because of wd-40 and stuff like off.Browning took care of the gun with no charge,my dealer even paid the shipping.I have seen some solvents advertised to be safe for camo finish.I will stick to rem oil on my shotguns,it has worked fine for years.Good hunting and God bless.

·
Registered
13,108 Posts
I've not had any problems with mine. Most gun scrubbers made today are safe for the camo finishes. Just make sure you read the lable before using. I have heard a few stories that bug sprays are bad for and camo guns. Carb cleaner is also a no no for camo guns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.