Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about these E C Green shotguns, can i get some help with what Ga this shotgun is and what the proofs mean, do they even make shells for this anymore, this one i gather was late 1800s 2933 is the serial number.
thank you very much.
Wood Door Automotive tire Gas Metal

·
Registered
55 Posts
Need more pictures, show the chambers. This is a Damascus steel gun. It was made when black powder was used in shotgun shells. DO NOT shoot todays shells through it, you can blow it up and get seriously hurt or worse.
However, there is a shotshell brand called RST. They make low pressure modern day shells that are specifically designed to be used in these guns.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Previous E.C. Green thread
with images of a gun proved 1875-1887

Your gun was proved 1868-1875 with a bore of 13 = .710"

Regarding use of the gun please see
Is my gun safe? What load was my gun designed to shoot? | Shotgun Forum (shotgunworld.com)

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need more pictures, show the chambers. This is a Damascus steel gun. It was made when black powder was used in shotgun shells. DO NOT shoot todays shells through it, you can blow it up and get seriously hurt or worse.
However, there is a shotshell brand called RST. They make low pressure modern day shells that are specifically designed to be used in these guns.
thank you very much for the reply i will upload more pics.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Previous E.C. Green thread
with images of a gun proved 1875-1887

Your gun was proved 1868-1875 with a bore of 13 = .710"

Regarding use of the gun please see
Is my gun safe? What load was my gun designed to shoot? | Shotgun Forum (shotgunworld.com)
thank you very much for the reply i appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts