Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Easter to all my friends in Yildiz land!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey Kris, Did you read about the great Easter Bunny hunt in New Zealand. Evidently it's a big annual event. They shot 22,000 wabbits! (Rabbits are the most distructive invasive species in NZ.)

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard about it once or twice. Seen a few pics of the results. :shock: :shock: :shock:

While its nothing like NZ, years ago I did get to go on a bunny hunt on a farm in Scotland. Shooting just .22s I think we killed about 50 in 2 days.

I'd surely love to get over to NZ and really get after the bunnies for a few days! Somehow, the cost and that LOOOOONG flight has kept me from getting "a round tuit". :oops:

It's very much on my "bucket list" though! :D

·
Registered
22,720 Posts
BayouBob said:
Hey Kris, Did you read about the great Easter Bunny hunt in New Zealand. Evidently it's a big annual event. They shot 22,000 wabbits! (Rabbits are the most distructive invasive species in NZ.)
On EASTER DAY, that is just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

cdb

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Killing wabbits is never wrong! :D I used to raise rabbits. When they were 8-10 weeks old I just whacked them on the back of the head with a hammer and into the freezer they went. YUM!!!! When I was newly married to my first wife and we were pretty poor, we ate rabbit 2-3 times per week. Still love to eat rabbit!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I like just about every kind of game meat. (Except coot and otter!) Rabbit is my favorite. A big swamp rabbit has backstraps you can filet out just like you do a deer. Battered and fried they are like eating sticks of butter! I do remember what we are celebrating on Easter Sunday though.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds GOOD!!! All we get around here are cottontails and not many of them anymore.

·
Registered
18,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same here. That and habitat loss. Woods are becoming more mature. No understory. no edge. No rabbits. No grouse. :( But lots of deer, Turkey and 'yotes. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.