Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some ebay advice. I purchased an item on December 5th still have not recieved the item :( . Seller claims to have shipped item on December 14th with no tracking number because I didn't pay extra for it. In last 3 days I have sent 2 email to seller with no reply. I already know that seller is going to claim that they're not responsible for lost item because it was in their ad page. I have no way to prove if they auctally sent the item or if they are just claiming they did.

I've only bought 5 items on ebay so this makes me a little leary about buying anything else. Seller had a 98+ feedback score but now I noticed that all negative comments seem to be for items not recieved, slow shipping, poor or no response to emails. Seller normally claims that they are extreamly busy because of x-mas season.

Anyone know what my options are? I know I can leave a poor feedbak score and it looks like that's what I'm going to do. Problem is what about the money I paid? It's only $6 but it sticks me the wrong way that I spent the money with no way of getting it back. I would really just like to get the item that's why I bought it in the first place.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
I would leave the negative but be prepared to have the same done to you as I've had jackass sellers wait until I posted feedback before they posted theirs, regardless of the fact I held up my end of the agreement perfectly.

I would also contact eBay but for $6 you may just want to cut your losses and be more scrupulous when buying from another buyer.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Heck no, don't even think about giving up the 6 bucks to a loss. That is what most crooks would hope you'd do. Figure 6 bucks a person X100 people... Get in touch with paypal, ebay or your bank account. Leave negative feedback and save all your emails, ebay will want to see the line of disscusion.

Also do us all a favor and post the sellers name here for all to see!

Bob

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've used ebay a number of times now. I got stiffed on one item I purchased. It proved defective when I received it and I was told to send it back. Never received a return item. Numerous follow-up emails went unanswered, over time.
Ebay has a mediation service that will try to resolve seller/buyer issues. But they only act as a go-between, or mediator only. It's still up to the parties involved to make good the on transaction. I filed a complaint with Ebay's Square Trade service. It ended up going nowhere. In the end the seller notified ebay that 'the claim had been satisfied between the parties', which was total BS. That's where the matter ended. I did file a complaint with the FTC and the Internet Fraud website just to see if this would go anywhere. I never heard anything back from either entity. Probably a too 'small potatoes' issue for them.
What stuck in my craw more than anything was the integrity issue.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Yes, report it to Ebay. If it was sent USPS parcel post then it won't have a tracking number, but you get a number regardless if shipped by the other ground carriers-----otherwise with parcel post it has to be insured/registered/guaranteed delivered etc etc.

Does the seller have other negative feedback in the last six months? If so, one more is gonna hurt them selling to any regular ebayers.

Depending on how you sent payment, 9 days is too long IMO for them to ship.

Since it is Christmas and they could be gone, I would contact Ebay and send another email saying you are going to leave negative feedback, give it 5 days on the email.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
If he offered insurance and you opted not to pay for it (unlikely on a $6 item), you assume the risk as long as he can prove that he shipped it. Even if there is no tracking number, he should still have a receipt for the shipping transaction, and depending on the shipper, it will have your zip code on it. PayPal will only refund your money if the seller has enough funds in reserve in his PayPal account to cover the transaction.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have only used Ebay 5 or 6 times, never been ripped off..yet. I use paypal and my debit card for purchases, if I dont receive an order, ill go to my bank and put a stop payment on the charge. Easiest way to handle a problem, let paypal and the seller settle terms while you sit it out on the sidelines...

Bob

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I got taken on a notebook computer deal on eBay. The guy still had $400 in his PayPal account, and by filing a complaint with PayPal, I got all of that. Then I filed a claim with my credit card company and got a refund for the remainder. Also filed a complaint with the FBI's online fraud unit. The fool used his real name in e-mail's. :roll: My complaint, and that of others got the guy busted, tried, convicted and sentenced.

He's in a Va. prison until Feb 2007, hopefully sharing a cell with Bubba the 300 lb. love muffin.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bobshouse said:
Also do us all a favor and post the sellers name here for all to see!
Seller - me*sooo*crafty2005
Item # - 8238415131

Item is a clean/dirty dishwasher magnet :shock: yes, it's for my wife, we can never remember if we washed the dishes or not :?

EBAY and Paypal have been notified. Sent email through paypal to seller that if no response by 12/30 I will leave negative feedback. I'll let you guy's know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I would wait a few days, if it was sent via the usps, this is there busiest time of year strange thing happen at the PO this time of year. it might show up yet.

two weeks ago here in St.Louis at the usps annex they found a trailer that had been "lost" for 5 days and it was full of priority mail :oops: So things can happen this time of year. :wink:

Mike.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got am email from paypal, I recieved a full refund today :shock: :D

Still trying to decide if I should leave negative feedback. What do you guy's think?

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
New-N-TX said:
Still trying to decide if I should leave negative feedback.
Since you got your money back, I wouldn't leave negative feedback unless he does first. He'd likely trash you with negative feedback, and in the end that'll hurt you more.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
One other observation: always be real careful about checking feedback before you bid. Seeing a 98% score and evidence of past shipping problems would raise a significant red flag in most bidders' minds. I rarely bid on any auction if the seller has less than 99.5% positive feedback. In fact, sellers who truly care about their reputation almost always have 100% positive feedback. I've made hundreds of sales and purchases on Ebay since I joined in 1998, and I can think of only about three instances where I was less than completely pleased. Two were poor packing or slow shipping, and the third was a slow payer who I had to go through the Ebay mediation service to get to pay. But I have never been stiffed. Overall, I would have to say that my online auction buying satisfaction is probably better than my face-to-face transaction experience.

·
Registered
394 Posts
This was left today on the seller.
"Pd. 12/4, still no item after 3 weeks. No response to emails. Filed dispute."
Seems someone else also has a problem with this person. Just thought I'd let you know. :wink: And guess what, it was over a magnet too.

EDIT: Holy feedback batman. I just looked and the seller has the same problems with a lot of people. Slow shipping and won't answer emails. Do not buy from this person ever again. :?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The best website I can give for this is www.trollhunters.com

This site was started by forum members who would get "trolled"

They have a ton of links for pretty much every site on where to file complaints. From the USPS, FBI, and even referring you to your State Attorney General and the Local Police.

whenever you think you might be getting trolled, go there. THey have a ton of information to help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts