Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I want to modify the ejectors on my Silver Pigeon 686 to extractor or as close as.

What's the pro's and con's vs cutting the springs and grinding the lever?

Sent from my GT-I9100

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Cutting the springs reduces the force of the electors and probably helps life. It is also easy to undo, just buy new springs. Cutting the ejectors is a more permanent option. Once they are cut the only way to undo it is to have a smith install new ejectors.
I have cut the springs on my guns and with a thumb over the shells they stay put.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I prefer extractors but on my 2 Beretta 687's I just catch the empties as they are ejected.

If you must mess with it just shorten the springs.

If you mess with the actual ejectors to convert them to extractor it is not reversible. If you then wish to convert the gun back to ejector you must buy 2 ejectors, have them fitted, finished and then heat treated - Rich Cole's website prices for the 2 ejectors, 2 springs, fitting, finishing and heat treating is $372. A knowledgeable buyer would knock about $500 - $600 off of your resale price for the cost to make it an ejector gun again and the inconvenience of having to do so.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Actually, it does not involve modifying the ejectors- it requires changing the profiles on the forearm levers. I believe Coles does this, I think someone posted that they charge $50 for the service. To go back to ejectors you have to replace the modified forearm levers.

The ejectors are an expensive proposition - don't mess with them unless you know what you are doing.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.