Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
I happen to live here and nothing this Goverment does or says suprises me now.
It doesn't matter really as there are very few police on the streets anyway to impose these laws. So the yobs will still rule the streets as normal.
Nevermind it'll soon be Christmas :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
wwb said:
With my heartfelt sympathy for my fellow shooters across the pond. Seriously, folks.... what's next?
Maybe cheap cricket bats (or what ever those things are called), a genuine one is OK to keep. :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Everyone has heard the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword." I once dfended myself in a mall parking lot by jabbing the assailant in the face with my ignition key. Ball point pens and car keys will be next.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hmmm, here's a novel idea. Allow the law-abiding Brits to own and keep in their homes their handguns and rifles and just outlaw the outlaws?

Naw, it would never work. Better to take the stuff away from the subjects.

To all you folks on the other side of the pond, I ask that God may Bless you all and watch over you and yours, not just during the Christmas season, but always.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Interesting....ban the POS Samurai swords (the 10 quid pot-metal ones) but allow the real collector items - the £75000. ones!

Class warfare at its best!

At least when they regulated sword canes it was across the board. My grandfather had James Smith make him one but a few years ago when I wanted them to make me a new one they wouldn't.

"Illegal, Sir, I'm sorry."

"But you made one for my grandfather. You can damn well make one for me!"

"Terribly sorry, Sir, we can no longer manufacture nor repair them."

This is not to say one can't still buy a sword cane (elsewhere of course!) despite the law! :wink:

There will now be a black market in POS samurai swords!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I love it. They said in the wrong hands it can be a dangerous weapon. Almost anything can be a dangerous weapon. Why do these people refuse to use any common sense. If someone wants to hurt you all they have to do is hit you in the head with a chair. Wait for you to walk outside and run over you with a car. I hate to see the Brits having the same problem we have here law makers making laws but refusing to inject any logic in their thinking process. And this typeof thinking just keeps getting worse. Lets ban anything that could be dangerous in the wrong hands in that case the only thing that will be for sale at the store is loaf bread.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Such is the nature of elected representatives. Masters of logic do not run for public office. It would be inappropriate to comment about the state of individual rights among British subjects, but You have my sympathy. By the way, what's a "yob"?

·
Registered
329 Posts
The word yob is a British slang word for a rowdy aggresive or violent young man.

Regarding kgpcr's rant:

Only a minority of people in England care about your gun culture most of us don't give a toss because it's nothing to do with us.

Most of our gun crime is caused by ethnic minority groups who deal in drugs.

Knife crime is getting totally out of hand and so are gangs of feral youths who rule the streets while the police do nothing.

Immigration is totally out of control and the country is going bankrupt and still the government does nothing.

Thats enough for now.

·
Registered
488 Posts
kgpcr said:
The Brits hate our gun culture!! Without it we would still be British! They should be able to figure that one out!
:shock:

Huh? Were you been? Most of what we know and do with guns comes from Britian. They way we hunt what we hunt are attitudes towards guns. The type of shooting sports we have all has been greatly influenced by the British.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am not offended,how can you offend me? This is a website you don't know me and I dont know you.
Unless I know you I do not take offense on the internet because it's an impersonal media.

Maybe so, John, but kgpcr is spot on for the British culture in general.

We are too easy going and people tend to believe what they are told buy the media.
There is not a lot we can do to change things because the lunatics have taken over the asylum as far as the country is run.

Gangs of youths takeover areas which ordinary people live in and they have become "NO GO" parts of town.

Vandals kill members of the public who stand up against them and they normally are not arrested.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 522408.ece

This is a regular thing.

http://www.england-matters.me.uk/law_2007.htm

We are not allowed to apprehend any one and citizens have been arrested for fighting back against criminals.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
old fart said:
We are not allowed to apprehend any one and citizens have been arrested for fighting back against criminals.
Yes, it would be considered bad form if a criminal was injured during the commission of a crime. :shock:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts