Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is enough, enough?

This is my favorite message board. I like the wit, humor and 94 % of the threads I read. I don't respond to most, as is evident by my 100 or so posts in two years, but I like to read them and I contribute when I feel I have something to contribute.

Some threads here are just plain stupid and die a quick and painless death. Others incite a lot of ill will, but after some discussion, things calm down and they too just fade away. This is the nature of message boards and it is a good thing.

There are always people posting on these boards that some don't agree with or even like, but, most are accepted because they actually can contribute something. Notice I said most.

There is one among us however that does nothing but post inane comments, uses huge signature flashing pictures that irritate people (only to irritate people) and refuses to even try to communicate on a decent level.

That one among us, to my knowledge has rarely contributed anything other than simple little anectotes that truly show his immaturity and total disregard for anything that would be considered decent.

So, I ask, when is enough, enough?

Doug Gordon

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Doug,
Over the years folks like your nemesis come and go. You just have to tolerate them for a while and eventually they go away.

Let go, let God.

·
Registered
208 Posts
See, posts like this only helps fuel him on. He knows that most people here don't like him, and he gets off on it. When he started the post on "funny gun moments", he did it 'cause he knew he could get everyone on here to go nuts. Its funny to him.

So, until people stop reponding to what he has to say, he's going to keep on doing it. My advice to everyone, unless you like him, is to completely ignore him. I know its hard to ignore such stupid posts, but you have to resist. Dont fuel the fire!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hey, wern't you young once? I take people for what they are, not for how I want them to be. You need to learn how to give and take a little, actually I think he adds a little life to this place.

It's good to see the younger generation interested in firearms, they are america's future 2nd admendment fighters.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that I could wait until he grew board of the board, or I could try and ignore him, but, I find that as I grow older, I have less and less tolerance for stupidity. If I owned a bar (video arcade or Chucky Cheese pizza in his case), I could simply 86 him and not have to worry about it. I was kind of hoping that would happen here, but I guess here in the cyber world, it is a little more difficult than simply pushing a magic button.

Oh by the way, I am all for young folks showing interest in and getting involved with the shooting sports. I personally take lots and lots of youngsters shooting and hunting and fishing. When they are around me, I demand that they act and speak responsibly when around firearms. I also make sure that they fully understand that there are not a few around that would love nothing more than to point out careless and reckless behavior, and would use it to fuel their causes. Too, I am not an english professor, but I also work with them to help them improve their english and math skills. I want them to know that those subjects are some of the most important things they can learn. All of these things are very important in life, but that is just my opinion.

As we all know, these threads are read by the anti's and don't think for a minute that they don't take things written here and use it for their agenda.

Doug Gordon[/quote]

·
Premium Member
20,026 Posts
ifishbaja said:
I know that I could wait until he grew board of the board,
Doug Gordon
Doug,

Since you place emphasis on correct English (rightfully so), I thought you might like to know that the correct spelling of the word in bold above is "bored", not "board". :wink: :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
ifishbaja said:
Too, I am not an english professor, but I also work with them to help them improve their english and math skills.
Heh. First time I've ever heard an english professor say math was that important. Maybe there's hope for you guys on the "other side of campus" after all :wink: .

As much as I would agree with the "ignore him and he'll go away", it's not as much of an option here as it woud be on, say, a car forum. If we let him get away with everything on here with no harassment, I'd feel bad because he wouldn't be learning anything and he wouldn't be growing as a human being. That, and we do have a responsibility to promote a positive image on here for the new shooters, non-shooters, and anti-shooters. As much as I would like to ignore his ignorant babbling at a 4th grader's reading comprehension level, there's something inside that tells me the kid needs some help.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
K4b00m said:
there's something inside that tells me the kid needs some help.
Somewhere inside me I feel it,too.Can't pretend I am a psychologist etc.But, I have seen people doing very funny things for the want of attention.Why do you need such attention? This is a shotgun forum.Not a counseling centre.Still..

Having said that, even with my low tolerance threshold for inanity, more than once,I curbed my impulses to cuss him for his posts.

I saw Redbeard trying to discuss an issue with him instead of discussing him.
Lets see where it goes.

Best-
Vikram.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ulysses said:
ifishbaja said:
I know that I could wait until he grew board of the board,
Doug Gordon
Doug,

Since you place emphasis on correct English (rightfully so), I thought you might like to know that the correct spelling of the word in bold above is "bored", not "board". :wink: :D
Ulysses,

We have establish that I am simple minded and homonyms have always presented a problem to me, so thanks for the help, but, that was actually a feeble attempt at a pun...or a play on words...or...or...agh, I hate knot knowing the write word.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Here we are talking about him again :lol:

I try my best to just ignore his comments and have even had to log off for a while after getting all worked up. But when I think about it he's like many other immature teenagers out there and will go to great lenghts just to get a reaction, somehow this makes his day.

As he previously posted maybe we'll all be lucky and pretty soon and he will be to busy working at his minimum wage job, reporting to his P.O., working on his GED, and trying to care for his newborn :shock: rather than posting his stupid comments here at SGW.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
wow i cant believe i missed this thread :lol:

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
nah the dogs name was Taz and Bubbles was my cat and believe it or not she really loved guns cuz whenever i took them out she would always lay on em and when id try to pull them away she would try n grab the barrel :lol: she was awsome :wink:

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
well 1st off u need an image hosting service to host the GIF image so i recommend photobucket.com cuz thats what i use and after u make ur GIF and upload it into ur album there all u gotta do is copy the BB code into the signature field in ur profile

PM me if u have trouble

·
Registered
433 Posts
I dont think the intended person has woken up that we are having a go at him

Derek

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts