Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting a few photos from the European FITASC that has just taken place in France.
It was held at Patrick Russo's ground at Signes in the South of France about 45 minutes from the coast. The ground has a great variety of terrain allowing targets from high and below feet with plenty of tricky angles and curls. I understand all new Laporte traps were brought in for the event. Most targets I saw were blaze as they were often thrown against a background. Weather being in the low 70s with little wind was perfect.
Patrick and his team did a great job of setting and running the shoot. This was the first big competition for 2 years with no travel restrictions (apart from Russia). Entry numbers were slightly dissapointing at just over 500. I believe there was 5 competitors from the USA.
Concensus among the UK shooters was a great shoot but they needed to practice targets below feet more.
Link to web site here balltrapdesignes.com

Plant Sky Cloud Property Plant community

Sky Plant Bicycle wheel Mountain Slope

Plant Sky Natural landscape Land lot Tree

Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Cloud

Plant Plant community Mountain Ecoregion Sky

Regards

Leigh

·
Registered
885 Posts
Just posting a few photos from the European FITASC that has just taken place in France.
It was held at Patrick Russo's ground at Signes in the South of France about 45 minutes from the coast. The ground has a great variety of terrain allowing targets from high and below feet with plenty of tricky angles and curls. I understand all new Laporte traps were brought in for the event. Most targets I saw were blaze as they were often thrown against a background. Weather being in the low 70s with little wind was perfect.
Patrick and his team did a great job of setting and running the shoot. This was the first big competition for 2 years with no travel restrictions (apart from Russia). Entry numbers were slightly dissapointing at just over 500. I believe there was 5 competitors from the USA.
Concensus among the UK shooters was a great shoot but they needed to practice targets below feet more.
Link to web site here balltrapdesignes.com

View attachment 50944
View attachment 50945
View attachment 50943
View attachment 50942
View attachment 50941

Regards

Leigh
Never a boring shoot in France !

·
Registered
26,211 Posts
Awesome terrain and scenery; thanks for posting!

Reactions: calpik

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UQ

Ball Trap de Signes is only 20 minutes from the Circuit Paul Ricard, home to the French F1 Grand Prix, as well as the French historic GP and the 24 hour Bol d'Or motorcycle race.
The ground offers gun hire for $10.50 half day.

We were staying in the lovely Sanary Sur - Mer on the Mediterranean sea 45 minutes away, and I passed by the circuit on my route to the ground.

Here are a few photos I took on my early morning cycle rides before going off to Referee.

Regards

Leigh

Sky Watercraft Body of water Horizon Boat

Water Sky Cloud Water resources Light

Sky Water Cloud Natural environment Beach

Cloud Sky Water Boat Watercraft

Water Sky Boat Cloud Water resources

·
Registered
26,211 Posts
Beautiful spot, thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
26,211 Posts
delete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts