Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Okay, after 15 years out of state I'm now back in Alabama! No offense to the folks in LA, FL, NC, SC, TX (whew! we've lived in a lot of places), but I grew up in Alawhambam and it sure feels good to be back. So I'm open to all invitations involving free hunts for dove or duck :lol: To show my appreciation for taking me I'll give you a special title on the forum or something :roll:

regards,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
So, you expect to come "home" and just get to go hunting with anyone that will take you? You need to put in some dues. Buy some Wafflehouse, offer to carry the dekes, state that you have been force-fetched. This is a cut throat area for the few good spots that are around.

Now, for a modest guide fee I can offer you some of the best hunting on the TN river.

I am the range manager on 2 Aug at Big Sky, I'll be there from 12-5 maybe its time you drag out the trusty Crown Grade?

If you haven't got one of these you need ya one. WalMart has them for around $15. DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer

http://www.digital-topo-maps.com/alabama.shtml

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, you expect to come "home" and just get to go hunting with anyone that will take you?
Yes.
Buy some Wafflehouse
Yes.
offer to carry the dekes
How many dekes?
state that you have been force-fetched
Not sure what 'force-fetched' is, but it sounds like something that should only be done with my wife.
I am the range manager on 2 Aug at Big Sky, I'll be there from 12-5 maybe its time you drag out the trusty Crown Grade?
I'd love to, but I've got family coming up that day. I've got the new tricked out Rem 1100 that I'm dying to try out, so let me know when you are going back up there.

P.S. I've seen two does, a fawn and a covey of quail on our little 90 acres ( no shortage of squirrels and rabbits up here either).

G

·
Family? Over shooting? Where are your priorities man??? :roll:

As to dekes, it varies from about a doz to a couple hundred. Did I mention that the TN river is a no smoking zone? Something about the hazardous chemicals and a fire danger to the millfoil.

Force-fetching involves a pain technique used on retrievers to insure that they bring birds to hand and hold on to them until told to release.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I might be younger than most of you, but i've lived in bama all my life, and have never heard of a town called Alawhambam. If you could please enlighten me on were in the great state it is. that would be nice. And also, you hold your self at real high regard, you seem to think an autograph is worth everthing in the world. That being beside the point, there are great dove fields around the Columbus/Caledonia, Mississippi area, which from birmingham, if your driving fast, should only take about 2 1/2 hours.[/img]

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Bang_Bang,
You're taking me/us a little too serious, I think. I own this site and it's been a running sarcastic joke about how valuable my autograph is on E-Bay. Alawhambam is just another name for Alabama. Hope I didn't get your feathers ruffled.
regards,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.