Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 870 express 12/28 that I use for target clay shooting

I was curious what extention I should get? Mine only holds 4+1 now and I would like it to hold more but would like to know the pros and cons (if any) to using a after market extention mag that holds more.

Does it just depend on how long of a barrel you have to what mag you can use?

Where can I buy it and what price am I looking at?

Also, I just bought this shotgun and like I said it holds 4+1, is that the highest capacity it will hold or is there a plug in it that I can take out for it to hold more?

If you dont know all these questions please reply to the ones you do know. Thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oletymer said:
If you are using it for clay target shooting, why would you need an extension? Other than looking like a nut it will serve no purpose.
So I dont have to reload every 5 shots. Isnt that why people get extentions to have more shots?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
If you're shooting skeet, you ONLY load 2 shells at a time, when you're on the station.

All the other clay games are the same, ONLY 2 shells at a time. Except singles at trap.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
dasanii19.[/quote said:
So I dont have to reload every 5 shots. Isnt that why people get extentions to have more shots?
:arrow: Mostly for guys that want to play war with their shotguns or the "home defense" type of deal. Never had a gun myself that held more the three (hunting), Always believed in the one target-one shot sort of thing. ^77

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.