Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever tried to shoot skeet with an extra full choke. :lol: Been dying to try this. I would like to try it to be right on those targets when I shoot compitition with a skeet choke, also I like turning those clays into dust :D . I would like to hear more opinions about this.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I shoot trap in the backyard with my turkey choke every once in a while. Let them get out there a little ways. It smokes em.

·
Super Moderator
2,462 Posts
The concept has merrit, but I don't think I'd go with the X-Full - maybe Mod. Then shoot Cyl or Skeet in competition. I do something similar at trap for singles practice. I shoot 16 yd practice with an I/M or Full choke to try to tighten up my shooting. Then, when I shoot 16 yd competition, I go to Mod choke to give myself the maximum margin of error.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Like TAL/IL, I think it's a good concept but would first, like he says, start with a more open choke; then if you want, use progressively tighter chokes as time goes on and you become a more accurate shot.

If more skeet and trap shooters would do this, they would become more accurate shooters more quickly. At times, many have the impression that acuracy isn't all that important considering the spread of patterns. Unfortunately, they are correct only some of the time.

http://stockfitting.virtualave.net/

Rollin

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've done it with a 686 in extrafull on the high house. The shot took the center of the bird out without breaking the rest of the target! I could see the wad sailing right through the middle.
Want real fun? Try a round with a contender in .410.
Rob.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
When I started shooting in the UK mnay years ago, one of the top sporting shots was man called AJ Smith. His nickname (to this day) is 'Smoker' Smith.

He went from trap to skeet and did not change guns. (In those days we had fixed chokes only) It was an ink blot when he hit the clay, which he did regularly :lol:

Then he went to Sporting Clays and took a whole lot of prizes. Nowadays as a Veteran he is shooting everything FITASC, and cleaning up there as well.

It certainly teaches you to be precise in shot placement :roll:

Roger

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
my friends and I call it "turkey skeet" full chokes only.
"turkey skeet" is a registerd saying of pigeonhunter inc. pigeonhunter inc is a subsidiary of German Shepherd Industries.

sorry,I've way to much time on my hands. have fun with turkey skeet or whatever you want to call it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.