Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new USH afield today for opening day and hunted all day in the rain.

When I got back to the truck and went to unload the extractor did not spit out the unfired round. After breaking open and relatching a dozzen times to no avail, I taped it out with a cleaning rod after I got home. I will strip it appart and re oil everything later tonight.

Anyone else had this problem? This is my third H&R/NEF break open firearm and Ive hunted in much worse conditions and never had this problem. Thoughts?..............

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Ejector didnt engage at all. I had to tap out the unfired round and re assembled the gun and open and close it a few times before it clicked out, it seems to be working OK for now. Ive had weak ejection with my other NEF/ HR shotguns due to over expanded fired shells but the ejector always "clicked out"

I think I will take it all appart and polish the sides of the ejector piece. Im not overly impressed with the machining of this firearm, but for $230 slug gun that shoots MOA I guess I wont complain. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.