Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Summer I bought an Extrema for the duck season and have enjoyed shooting it. Out of the box it shoots dead center at 30 yds. When the season ended I wanted to raise the stock a little to shoot some trap and when I took off the butt plate I noticed that the metal plate that positions the threaded bar running through the butt was not sitting flat in the oval recess that centers it inside the butt.

I disassembled the stock, reversed the shim to raise the stock, turned the metal plate in the rear of the butt. The problem I found was that the oval metal plate did not fit into the recess that exists in the stock- it is larger than the recess. I threaded the nut and tightened it and of course the plate does not sit flat and while I shot it it loosened up and the stock wobbled.

Anyone else have this problem? What is the easiest solution, short of sending the gun back- the factory assembler had the same problem and ignored it so I doubt that they would fix it without a struggle. Help if you can- before I try to reshape the stock recess or file down the plate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts