Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For people sensitive about innovative shotguns and modern design, there is something like a competition in Europe between BROWNING CYNERGY and FABARM AXIS . Both have attractive features. Low receiver profile, excellent trigger for the CYNERGY against revolutionary barrel which shoot steel shot in choke tubes tighter than MODIFIED, barrel with TRIBORE HP profile for long distance shooting, made by deep drilling process, innovative design made for use, adjustable opening tension etc.. for the FABARM AXIS.
The FABARM is a little cheaper, about 15 %, than the cynergy.
What are your oppinions ? www.fabarm.com

·
Registered
5,819 Posts
Here in the U.S., I would choose the Cynergy over the Fabarm as I know I can easily and readily find parts when needed. Browning has many more repair centers and the guns are common enough that non-affiliated gunsmiths carry many of the commonly replaced parts. Any sort of Fabarm gun is much less common, I have seen many more Browning Recoiless Trap guns than Fabarm. I would suspect that getting parts in a quick fashion would be much more difficult because of this.
I shot a Cynergy for a year and found the handling characteristics and fit out of the box to be very near to my preferences. The couple of Fabarm guns (not an Axis and including those under the H&K name that had the Tri-Bore system) I have shot were also good guns and seemed well made but again, I have reservations about using an uncommon gun for competition were one could see long down times when repairs are needed. I also do not think there is a consistant distribution agent for Fabarms in this country. H&K seemed to be the last major distributor but they have not pushed shotguns very much and even their handguns are not found as widely as many other brands. In Europe the Fabarm situation may be very different regarding repair parts which could affect one's choice.
Another factor against Fabarm in this country is the utter lack of name recognition. Few have heard of the name and would probably rank it in the same class as Stoeger, Kahn, Boito, etc. That is not fair to Fabarm but without any other knowledge, what is one to do? If Fabarm wishes to make any kind of impact in the U.S. they need to greatly increase (more likely establish) their distribution network and promote their product very aggressively in all media forums and with strong shooter sponsorship. Until then, in my opinion Fabarm will be pretty much a non-issue in this country.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got a Cynergy recently and absolutely love it! :D And if it ever does need repair work, there are Browning approved shops all over the US.

As for price call CDNN (1-800-588-9500). They had some Cynergy's for 1299.00 ,and if you hurry, you can still get the free stuff from Browning for becoming a Cynergy Club member (free).

·
Registered
619 Posts
From your other post I assume you work for Fabarm. I have a nice Fabarm SxS that is very tough they are very well made guns.

To compete with Browning in this country you need to offer different things that Browning is too stubborn to change. Non-ported barrels is one of them. The other is small bore shotguns that are offered in 32" length. I would like to see a 28 gauge and a 410 in 32" that wasn't the price of a Krieghoff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
One other thing I love about the Cynergy-Inflex recoil pad! It works wonderfully. I see too, that Franchi has something similar. These are great pads, that should be made available by makers of all shotguns. The Cynergy pad looks very "racey" while the Franchi's is very traditional looking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Fabarm shotgun, but I do own a Browning Cynergy and I love it. It's light and handles really well, yet it handles recoil well because of the inflex pad. It seems like it recoils less than the gas-operated Remington 1100 semi-auto that I used to own (and the Remington was a really nice, soft-shooting 12 gauge).

Also, the trigger action is really nice on the Cynergy (crisp) and the receiver profile is really low as you pointed out in your original post. It seems to handle and point really naturally for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, for sure BROWNING name is much stronger than FABARM. It's also why FABARM is obliged to offer a better value than BROWNING. As an example when CYNERGY is using the same barrel as B525, the FABARM AXIS is using a revolutionary barrel with INNER HP choke tubes which are extremely long - 3, 23" - and which have an HYPERBOLIC patented profile. The benefits : much higher distribution and the possibility to use the steel shot ammunitions in choke tubes tighter than MODIFIED ! It's unique !
Same things concerning the wood quality, the receiver protection, the engraving quality, the gun case etc.. FABARM knows that they have to be better to sale... and well according to what I see and what I hear in Europe, they are very successful. We have to wait the 2008 SHOT to make our proper oppinion . The link I found concerning the AXIS http://www.fabarm.com/over-and-under-ri ... orting.htm

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
All I can comment on is the Cynergy. It is a wonderful shooting shotgun. I just spent all dag shooting Remington nitro sporting clays ammunition. 9 boxes total yesterday. These shells are uncomfortable in many guns just because they are such hot loads. No doubt they will sting you, but not out of the Cynergy with the inflex recoil system. Heck I don't even have a mark. I'm very pleased with it. To me one would be very hard pressed to beat it with another box gun with everything the Cynergy is.

·
Registered
80 Posts
if fabarm is marketing this steel shot thing in the usa, they are missing the boat.
1. the only folks using steel are duck hunters, who are very unlikely to take an o/u like that in the blind
2. who needs to shoot steel in tighter than mod? everyone knows steel patterns tight anyway.
3. i'm sure it's a great shotgun, but cynergy prices real-world are quite a bit less than msrp. if the fabarm axis is more than 3k, i would strongly look at guerini, zoli (esp kronos), b. rizzini, or beretta 682. these are trusted designs with good distribution networks in the us.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Cynergy prices are going UP in 08. Might behoove you to make a decision soon and snag an 07. Expect a few hundred more for the 08's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reason why I insist on the new INNER HP choke tubes fitted on the AXIS is because they provide also better results and better distribution with lead. The comparative test show about 8-9 % improvement for the distribution. And no lost of penetration like the optima-bore or the back bored barrels, exclusively made for trap and sporting. The FABARM TRIBORE HP was made first of all for long distance HUNTING. With steel shot 12 magnum ammunition n °4 there are approx. 40 impacts more in the 29 " target diameter at the distance of 40 yard. Why a such good result ? Because even if steel tight better... a INNER HP XTREME TIGHTS MUCH BETTER THAN COMPETITORS MODIFIED !
Why only Fabarm propose this new hyperbolic choke tubes ? Because they are patented by FABARM.
The 2008 AXIS MRSP price will be around USD 1,800.
http://www.fabarm.com/over-and-under-ri ... unting.htm

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
LGFAB said:
The reason why I insist on the new INNER HP choke tubes fitted on the AXIS is because they provide also better results and better distribution with lead. The comparative test show about 8-9 % improvement for the distribution. And no lost of penetration like the optima-bore or the back bored barrels, exclusively made for trap and sporting. The FABARM TRIBORE HP was made first of all for long distance HUNTING. With steel shot 12 magnum ammunition n °4 there are approx. 40 impacts more in the 29 " target diameter at the distance of 40 yard. Why a such good result ? Because even if steel tight better... a INNER HP XTREME TIGHTS MUCH BETTER THAN COMPETITORS MODIFIED !
Why only Fabarm propose this new hyperbolic choke tubes ? Because they are patented by FABARM.
The 2008 AXIS MRSP price will be around USD 1

http://www.fabarm.com/over-and-under-ri ... unting.htm
Sounds like you sold your self on the Fabarm Axis.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
With a handle like FGFAB I think it safe to assume this wasn't an open ended question. As stated before, the only answer in the U.S. at the present time is Cynergy because there is no active importer for Fabarms. Even if the hyperbolic chokes walk on water, fix breakfast on the weekends and clean up after the dog, if you can't get one and can't get one fixed it doesn't matter. Personally, if I were Fabarm, I wouldn't go back to the same design firm with my next gun, but then I was pleased to see Browning bring out the classic on the Cynergy.
Dave

·
Registered
80 Posts
looked at the website. the more traditional-looking o/u is very attractive, with lines similar to zoli, rizzini, and some other italian guns. i'm not fond of the new guns aesthetics. 1800 msrp in the us would be a nice price point for this gun.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
LGFAB, it seems a bit obvious that you're marketing your product here. That is not the purpose of these forums. The least you could do would be to disclose your interest. Frankly, I'd take the cynergy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FABARM IS AN EXELLENT SHOTGUN MANEFACTURER, THIS COMPANY HAS A HIGH QUALITY TO COMPETE WITH BERETTA OR BROWNING, I´VE SHOT DIFFERENT MODELS IN THOSE THREE BRANDS AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT FABARM SHOTGUNS OFFER, HIGH QUALITY, PERFECT HANDLING, EXELLENT STYLING, THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY. I´M NOT A PROFESSIONAL SHOTGUN SHOOTER, NIETHER AN OLIMPIC SHOOTING COACH OR AN EXPERIENCED GUN MAKER, BUT I´VE TESTED MANY SHOTGUNS AND I WOULD PREFER FABARM AXIS OVER BROWNING CYNERGY!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.