Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my first O/U last week and took it out to shoot some manual trap and experienced some problems with the top barrel ejector. Maybe these take time to break in or they weren't lubed properly, but I noticed that when I boke open action after firing, the empty hull wouldn't always eject. The strange thing this is, if I deliberately opened action hard and fast, the shell would have trouble ejecting. If I slowed the motion and opened softly, it ejected everytime?
At first I thought maybe some of the grease I used to lube mating parts had gotten into ejectors, slowing them down, but that doesn't make sense if it operates properly when I open action slowly.
Do I need to just practice using a little more finesse(spelling?) or does it sound like their is something wrong here?

By the way, gun is Citori 525 Field 12/28.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anonymous said:
Browning has no warrantee and their customer service is absolutely the worst in the industry.
Thats good to hear! Oh well, I guess I'll shoot the gun a few more times and see if it gets better. If not I can always take to the smith.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
You want to post negative comments and opinions, that's fine, but you need to put a name to them. "Guest" isnt going to cut it. If nothing else, sign them at the end if you are logged out or on another machine.

I have several Browning items and my friend has a duplicate BPS-10 that one of the arms broke on. He had shortened the stock, painted the gun, and it had some rust on the barrel when it was sent back to be repaired. The stock was replaced, what little paint that was still on it was removed, the barrel was touched up, and a new retaining cap was installed, in essence it was put back to new. They only charged for the replacement of the arms, no cleaning charge, no stock charge. They do tend to be slow, but thats due to them receiving the item and then farming it out to subs as I understand.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Something wrong here? I see no "guest" or "anonymous" post here!

Seems to me, if you are going to edit them out, you, should not be allowed to answer them--I don't know what they said that you (and only you) are answering!

That said, I also have a real problem with folks who will trash something and not have the guts to sign their name (even though it is a 'handle').

But, if the rules have changed, please announce it and apply it throughout.

Thank you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
JMCCOYB said:
Something wrong here? I see no "guest" or "anonymous" post here!
It's in the quote "ebnash" put up.

But, based on other "Guest" responses in this forum today, it looks like it's going to be a busy evening for our moderator...

Some people's children. :roll:

-- Sam

G

·
Rick618, And what kind of warrantee did you get with your Browning firearms ? I just recently discovered this site and was going to register but when I make a brief but factual post {derived through years of experience dealing with Browning's CS for my customers} and it is immediately edited out, I guess I'll just go elsewhere. Good luck to you in any future dealings you may have with Browning's customer service dept., you're gonna need all you can get, and most likely you'll still end up waiting six months and paying for the repairs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am registered to a couple of other forums, shooting, aquarium, and others. Most of the forums out require that you register so they can weed out the guest rants. Maybe this is something worth looking into. I didn't really take his response seriously. I only replied in a joking matter. It's obvious this guy has had back luck with Browning in the past and it's probably based off of one experience with them. Take his comments for what they are worth. About two cents in my book.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Browning most certainly does have warrenty stations all over the place and the factory warrenty work may fall 4 to 6 weeks but that is well in a reasonable time frame!!!

RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i performed browning warranty service for years, and the only reason that the turnaround is slow is because there are not that many qualified browning gunsmiths, and they are going to do it right. if you want same week service, get a krieghoff, starting at near $8k, and even they occasionally have to go in for service. your browning is top of the line, and repair is top of the line. the last gun i got was a $23k krieghoff trap combo. when i got the gun, it had mistakenly been fitted with a sporting clays barrel (different rib), and after i got it back and started shooting it, i discovered it had a left hand stock on it. it spent six weeks in transit and repair time. the dealer was scandalized. am i mad at krieghoff international? of course not, they are as human as i am! do i flame krieghoff? of course not. they covered their product, just like browning will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.