Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't know if you talking about O/U or Semi, but I have been looking at the O/U. Walmart sells a model built just for them the Field Hunter. It looks like the Field II with the silver reciever but according to Traditions it does not have the fit and finish of the Field II. I have looked at a couple of them and it's like any gun, there are some that look better than others of the same model.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a Fausti-Traditions over/under 12 Gauge and I like it very much.The fit and finnish are flawless.I don`t have one of their semie autoes yet but I would like one.The Over/Under Field Hunter is the same as the Field Hunter II with out the automatic ejectors.The fit and the finnish are the same.You can`t beat these for the price.

G

·
i just bought one yesterday, its a beautiful gun, the engravings on the reciever are awesome. im taking it out today to shoot some bluerock,ill let ya know how it feels.but sofar im very pleased.

G

·
I was wondering if you guys know anything about he barrel on the ou fausti 12 *****.
I would like to get one for ducks but I need to know if the barrel will hold up to the steel shot that I have to use when hunting ducks.
From what I know unless the barrel is made out of some hard steel then it will not last long with steel shot going through it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have a Fautsi 12 ga. SxS by Traditions and it says in the book that it is steel shot compatible. Mine is fixed choke IC & Mod. 3" and I patterned it with various steel loads and will be using it on ducks and geese. As a side noteI have an O/U by fautsiwith 2 sets of bbls. 28 ga, and 410. Have had this gun for about 6 or 7 years and it is agreat little gun. Wish the bbls were turned though.

G

·
I Just found out about the stell shot acceptance of the barrels.
Bought the field hunter today. Your right about the manual stating just that.
Fitting problem:
My cheek rest a little high and I think the gun needs fitting.
Does anyone know how and where that is done.
I assume that the rib is raised??
I cant seem to get a good straight aim down the rib.

Also the receiver is tight.
I thought there may be an adjustment wher the pivots due to a visible allen head screw but that is only a place to tighten the pivots.
I hope it loosens up after some time.
I thought I might remove most of the lubricant at those points to speed up that wear.
The look of the gun is top notch and I am very pleased with it.
Could stand a better pull on the trigger.
Will pattern it in all chokes after the fitting and leave remarks.

Thanks for any comments:

G

·
What ever you do DON'T work the action with out lube. You will gall the action and then you have a piece of junk. Use some good gun grease. You might try laying your gun upside down on a towel on a table and hold the forarm down with your left hand and grab the stock with your right hand and work it up and down but not so far as to lock it up. Just think if you do this 100 times you just shot 4 box's of shells. Gppd luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts