Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I voted for trap but it's really for wobble trap. It's the only thing my girlfriend likes to shoot, and what can I say, I like to shoot it too. It's so easy. If I have the time, or I'm alone, I like to do 5-stand too. I like sporting clays but the cost is over twice as much for the same number of targets, so I don't do it as often as trap, skeet, and 5-stand.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm with Casual Shooter on this one. I voted for trap, but really I love to shoot and do most of my shooting at wobble base or as it's known in the great Pacific N/W - Continental Trap and all the league shoots require that the speed of the target be at least 62mph as measured with a radar gun while standing on the trap house. You are also allowed a second shot, much like bunker shooting.:eek

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Trap, because 90% or more of my pheasant shots are taken exactly like a trap shot. Bird goes out from where I'm standing. If i had a dog it might be different. In addition all my shooting buddies are duck hunters so I can handily outshoot them at any trap range at any time. To be fair, I can't hit a passing duck as well as them, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it's the game I'm thinking of:5 stand is essentially an attempt to duplicate a sporting clays array of shots within the confines of a skeet feild.5 Stands:Traditional high house and low house machines/angles.High and low also have second traps that throw birds. Straight out on one and diagonally on the other, can't remember which is which.And, there's an extra house way out in the middle that sends a clay at you at a very high angle. It stalls like a duck slowing down to come in for a landing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts