Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of your favorite sporting clay presentations. I not talking about the hardest you've seen, but the one that you like to shoot the most, or the most unique. I like doubles coming at you at an angle.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
one hard one is the one that, one goes strait up and the other one skims the ground at the same time.Actually after thinking about it for a while I've done a lot harder ones than that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please read the first message. I don't want this to become the hardest shot subject.

·
Premium Member
19,750 Posts
One of my favorites is a target that leaves the trap about 30 yards in front of me and slightly to my left. The target is angled up and away from me at about 45 degrees to the right. The target climbs steeply and curls to the right to present about 2/3 of the dome before cresting and beginning to drop at about 60-65 yards distance. It's a real challenge to figure the trajectory and speed of this target. I try to let the target peak and then shoot about 8 to 10 feet to the right of it and about 2 feet below it. This usually works.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Sorry about that,I didn't pay attention good enough :oops: .
My favorite one is when one target is coming up and to you, when you shoot it when it stops in mid air but at the same time theres one that goes from left to right up in the air very fast, but I seem to always get both of those. That pair is usually fun to shoot, for me because I usually get both of those targets.

G

·
My favorite Sporting Clays presentation has to be a Battue comming from behind, and to the right of me at approximately 30 degrees. The Battue only starts to roll as it begins to fall into the valley below. Followed by a midi on report at the same angle. The battue falls fast, and the midi tends to fly a long distance descending slowly . It may sound hard but I find it to be my favorite sporting clays presentation.

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
I like shooting most anything from the tower. Pairs. one rabbit and a bird or most any combination you can imagine. I like shooting down on them from above.

The most interesting was the one where you had to sit on the crapper with a TV and refrigerator in front of you and then shoot a rabbit scooting right in front of you from left ot right at the same time a quail was heading 1/4 left to right tassle high over the corn. I dangneart got the TV!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like anything that is coming at me because they don't stand a chance of being missed.

Close range rabbits (15 yards) will give my score a boost.

Mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nested pairs are fun with Midi/Mini combos. Anything that flies at you is interesting. But my favorite was...

A station set up with 4 machines. One pair was about 30 yards away and 20 yards to the right. The second pair was 45 yards away and 20 yards to the left. There was a rabbit machine and a bird machine at each end of the run. The machines were aimed right at each other. The birds flew about 4 feet off the ground. You would get a rabbit coming one way and a bird coming the other, it appeared as though they were going to hit, but they just blow by each other. Also you can get a presentation where the rabbit and bird come from the same direction and the bird paced the rabbit right above. The optical effect was amazing. I hit one target on the station but I could have sat there and watched people shoot it all day long. It was just so interesting to watch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is not my favorite but it is very unique.
The club called it a water rabbit and it is a good way to see where your shot is going and if you miss you can tell if you are in front or behind the target. The one they had set up was a right to left rabbit crosser at about 20 to 25 yards. Never
seen it done before and thought it was cool to see that rabbit walk(or should I say haul a*s) on water!! :lol:

G

·
Got a fun one newly included at my home club, the "Bouncing, Flying Bunnies" . Two rabbits run the rubber, hit a sharp ramp with a variable angle, and take off somewhere between 6 & 15 feet into the air. If you're fast, you can grease 'em both in flight; if slower, hit one in the air then wait for the second to land and continue rolling and then pop it. Great fun!

John

·
Registered
520 Posts
A club outside of St Louis would through incomming mini's from down in a hollow behind a huge wild rose bush. Call for the first target and the trapper would throw another bird every 2 seconds (hand set traps). Fast hands and all was well, fumble a shell on a reload and you got all twisted. Had a trapper that would also throw battue's form the same station. larger target but no delay between targets. He could get 3 targets in the air so fast it was a real hoot!

APEXDUCK

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Did I ever mention I hate rabbits!? :x They avoid your shot any way possible. They really mess up a good score :x .

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I'm not trying to turn this into a hardest presentation subject. I just hate rabbits though :x :x :x :x :x

G

·
There are two that I liked the most:

1. You sit on a bench on the top of a slight hill. A rabbit comes rolling down from behind you and comes out between your feet. As soon as you shoot another clay shoots over your head from straight behind you.

2. You stand on a bridge over a small pond. The clays get shot upside underneath the bridge from behind. When the clay gets right in front of you it skips off the water and flys over land giving you a chance to shoot it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Rucker said:
1. You sit on a bench on the top of a slight hill. A rabbit comes rolling down from behind you and comes out between your feet.
Interesting presentation, but would not be allowed at an NSCA sanctioned competition....

We had a presentation of a "possum" last weekend that was pretty cool. It was basically a gravity rabbit. It gets put in at the top of a ramp/trough and rolls down under it's own power. It gets to the ground and rolls along so slow that quite a few people were missing in front of it! :) That was one target that really didn't require lead. Point and shoot and your pattern would take care of the rest.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts