Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Favorite thing to wear when shooting? Okay okay i know the general things like underwear but is there anything that you "always" wear? Fantastic!! Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.Edited by: Sporting Clays Girl at: 3/1/03 10:15:14 pm

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I always wear my boots (doc martens) and my vest, and i wear pants and a shirt. (just not the same one every time). Fantastic!! Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
(3 replies were deleted)I think SCG was asking for Women's input. If you are not a woman please vacate the WSF unless you have something actually informative to add. It's hard for women visitors to take us seriously if every reply to a post has a whimsical tone.:w regards,Jay GentryShotgunworld.com Shotgunworld.comEdited by: Shotgunworld at: 3/4/03 1:24:07 am

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wear pants, shirt/sweatshirt, vest, gloves if it is really cold, insulated socks if it is cold, boots, shooting glasses, and last but not least, my NRA hat. I like to be all dolled up ya know. :b Quote:If you are not a woman please vacate the WSF unless you have something actually informative to add.You heard right. The powers that be seem to think the men aren't helpful. I fear Jay has fallen to a democrates level of thinking, people are not smart enough to reason a serious thread vs a light hearted thread on their own. After looking at the first page of this forum I see only a few threads that, have whimsical tones. Most however are serious and very helpful. So be warned men that if you would make a joke or are anything other than totally serious you risk a flogging from the nazi-fun control......No fun in the Womens forum. ;) :smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"Edited by: goldenhunter02 at: 3/4/03 6:11:28 pm

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am sorry Rick but taking Jay's orders as he has shown means no man can put a post in on this thread. He deleted a post about a "hat" and seeing as how you posted about your hat(s) I must follow his direction and at least not allow hats to be addressed.:smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Hello Whoaman,Welcome to Shotgunworld.com! Home of the friendliest Gun Forum on the net. It would seem that I momentarily forgot this on my previous post. I apologize if my words seemed harsh. Of course men are welcome to post informative and humorous items. I have high hopes for the Women's Shooting Forum, consequently I was a bit too sensitive. Again I apologize to the men and women who make this Forum great...and friendly.regards,Jay GentryShotgunworld.com Shotgunworld.com

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is ok Jay. We have high hopes for our Forum too. Just like you we don't want to accidentally drive visitors away. I hope that some men will post what they like to wear as it would be interesting to me to see what guys find most important that they need to wear it all the time. Or, I might just do a poll about it... :) :smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm new to this site - just found it today. :) Thank goodness there's something JUST for us gals!!!!! I always wear good, insulated boots (got to keep those toes warm :x ) in the cold - otherwise, just give me some good comfortable jeans and a t-shirt. (so glad this site is here!:D ) Haven't found a vest yet that's comfortable.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Hi there ladycrusher welcome to Shotgunworld! Register so you can join us in chat. Come back often, these two hardworking ladies need some more company!One of the many companies that makes custom vests is Pull Toys......www.pulltoysinc.com another is Pat's Shooting Vestwww.bestshootingvest.com/ There is a fine line between hobby and insanity.Edited by: Rick618 at: 3/6/03 9:01:15 pm

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Yes'm we are here to help! One of my mottos is: If the women cant find you handsome atleast let them find you handy. D"> There is a fine line between hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the Women's Shooting Forum! Kick back and enjoy our forum. Feel free to ask anything and we will do our best to respond to you. :) As to the vest... I personally like the fit of the Browning Ladies Shooting vests. That is more something you would have to try out for yourself, but that is the one that I have.:smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Except on the coldest days (and we dont see too many here in Tennessee) I wear a comfy t-shirt, jeans and my Rocky boots. I aslo have a visor that i like to wear to reduce glare. In the winter I wear insulated bibs and unbuckle my right strap so it wont interfere in my gun placement. i know some gals that prefer to wear a vrst but i have found that i dont need the padding on the shoulder and i use a side pouch to put hulls in. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I could figure out how to wear an air conditioner in this heat I sure would. Man, it has been brutal this summer. I can't wait for the Fall.
I keep it simple, t-shirt and shorts. I like a shell bag versus a vest. I may change my mind in the winter though. I do have two favorite t-shirts though..."Well behaved women rarely make history" and "Don't think of it as losing, think of it as getting beat by a girl".

Happy shooting all!

·
Registered
484 Posts
depends, for trap I like a vest (smooths out the bunching clothing). I personally don't have an issue with fit although I take a couple inches up in the shoulder of a regular (read "man's") Remington which can be let out in winter if I'm putting it over a jacket. When no one is scoring I like to stick the hits (spent shells) in the left pocket and the misses in the rear.

For sporting clays I got a belt with a pouch on each side that will hold two boxes ea so I can set off with 100 round, not very quickly at the start though with that much weight strapped on especially uphill. If I'm riding a cart I'll go with the vest as I just like the way my gun sets on it and I can shoot endlessly without friction burn from a shirt rubbing on skin.

I always wear long sleeves/pants, albeit light weight so I don't burn as we can spend hours out there at the hottest time of day. zipoffs are good, easy to get to shorts when back in the shade.

I like the electronic Peltors (flipped over so they really are low-profile) so conversation is possible w/o pulling plugs out all the time. I'd probably lose plugs anyway. Peltors work better at keeping my ears warm during hunting in the cold weather than any earmuffs or hat I've had. Not sure why.

I wear a cap for all clays, helps keep sun distraction out.

As far as men posting on this forum, i don't have a problem with that and have found their imput helpful but expect a high level of decorum. I have worked hard to garner respect as a female clayshooter, hunter, dog handler and shotgun instructor to youth and can't understand why anyone would want to try to undermine that serious image. I never read the 3 posts that were removed but am glad a moderator is enforcing certain standards on WSF and frankly I wouldn't question the moderators' motives or wisdom. That said, Let's all have a good time here.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I am instructing a young girl (12) on Sporting Clays, she is small framed. Her parents would like to get her a shooting vest but even a small is too large for her. Does any one make a vest for kids?

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts