Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!

I'm looking for a wad to sub for theFed 12S4. Can't seem to find one. Is there one out there I can use?

Here's what I have for components:

2 3/4" Fed GM Hulls

PB, Longshot and 800-X, for powder

Win 209 Primers

Looking to load 1 1/4 oz payload

Any help or alternate recipe's would get great also!

Thanks as always!

Greg

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Yes, BPI has a plethora of wads for straight walled hulls like the FGM. I'd browse their website looking for some 1 1/4 oz.versions.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've launched a lot of MG42 wads from recipes calling for a FED 12s3 or 12s4 wad. If you look through the BPI loads, the MG42 loads are generally stiffer than other comparable load data.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Longshot has a recipe on their website. It calls for a WAAF12114. ClayBusters makes a clone for the WAAF12114.
This is a "boomer" of a load. With #5, or #6, you'll get a heckuva' pheasant load.
I spent quite some time trying to find a replacement wad for the 12S4. To the best of my abilities to search, no one makes a clone.
The Claybuster's wad works very well. It gets some bad press for powder migration, but the wad works. I use it in RIO's and Fiocchi's for 1-1/4oz Bismuth loads also.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
DR also makes a copy of the WAAF12114, its the yellow DRA12. It has a bit different design than the CB. The yellow DRA12 has a flare to the skirt of the overpowder cup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts