Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought several boxes federal 1 oz 6 shot game loads. I have few boxes federal top gun 3/4 oz 7.5. The hulls looks like same hull. But i can load the game load hulls with universal clay claybuster 3/4 oz 6 shot. They look like they came from the factory. I have tried loading the top gun hulls same way. Final crimp makes small cracks by the crimp. Why does one look good and other one looks bad. What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought several boxes federal 1 oz 6 shot game loads. I have few boxes federal top gun 3/4 oz 7.5. The hulls looks like same hull. But i can load the game load hulls with universal clay claybuster 3/4 oz 6 shot. They look like they came from the factory. I have tried loading the top gun hulls same way. Final crimp makes small cracks by the crimp. Why does one look good and other one looks bad. What am i doing wrong?
You probably are not doing anything wrong. I have a big plastic garbage can of Federal 28 gauge hulls. Every time I get inspired to load them (I'm getting low on Winchesters and Remingtons), I run into some minor glitch. Usually I have to add a couple of dried beans to get the right level of space for a good crimp. Currently I find that, after firing, they stick in my Ruger Silver Label ( I had to fabricate a little tool to extract them.). They do break clay birds as well as anything else, and they are available.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am loading 6 shot. Could i add few #5 shot in the top to fill it up . To get a good crimp on them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts