Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in wal-mart yesterday and picked up two boxes of game shok shells. well i'll tell you i'm not impressed I went dove hunting and out of the two boxes around twenty shells did not work i now will never buy a nother federal brand shell. I think I'll stick with winchester.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's odd, because I've used about 150 of these shells without a single misfire. The only "problem" I had was one shell had a funky crimp, and I had to push it into the chamber. It still fired fine.

These are available in 150 round bulk packs (no individual 25 round boxes, just one big box-o-shells). 1oz. #8 shot. I've already gone through one whole box and have two left to go.

I'm not denying that you had a problem, but simply saying that I have not. I'm using them in a brand new, tight gun, which may have something to do with it.

The only thing I don't like about these shells is the "burning paper" smell when they're fired. And I wish they had a brass base, but apparently you only get that on more expensive (Rem STS, for instance) shells.

-- Sam

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have been using federal Wing-shok's for the last few seasons with no problems. Have you tried puting the ftf shells in to another gun? What did the primers look like after the ftf?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts