Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been on a buying spree lately. I had another SXS arrive today. It is a FEG Continental 200 12 gauge 3" chamber. It looks like it just came out of the box. Anyhow I have 2 things I am curious about. Is the 73 that is stamped on the water table the year? Secondly, the forearm and receiver are stamped f1148 but the barrel flat is just stamped 148 .At first I thought the barrels didn't match because there is another number on the other side of the water table. Then it dawned on me that the other side has the last part of the serial number, 148. Did they sometimes just put part of the serial number on the flats or did someone just get careless with the stamping. So am I correct on the year being 73 and the barrels do match?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
You got a beauty. I have one just like it but with splinter forend. To be more specific about the date, there is an 8/73, which is probably Aug. 73. Mine was made in 71

One of the most underapprieciated guns on the market. Good machining and metal finish, ejectors, nice roomy trigger spacing for those cold winter days and vertical dove-tail chopper lump barrels; just like the venerable Winchester 21.

With care, your great grandchildren can use it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I agree. These are right up there with a couple of Brno SXS's I have as far as being underappreciated. You actually get quite a good quality shotgun for the fraction of the cost of others. This one cost me $275.00 and I don't think it was hardly fired.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
After buying it, did you tip toe away going, hehehe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.