Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved the December/January issue, sure to stir up some poo, my herd of "Field & Streams top 50 best shotguns ever built " drum role please
# 7 Winchester Model 12 12 gauge
# 17 Winchester Model 97 12 gauge
# 23 Mossberg Model 500 .410
# 24 Ithaca Model 37 12 gauge
# 50 Stevens Model 311 12 gauge

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wow, Purdey, Remington 870, and the Browning Superposed - 1, 2 and 3.
Interesting, but believable for different reasons.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
No K-80 = no credibility

Oh, and I found this funny...

The Rumor
Ruger Gold Label
Announced: 2002
Produced: 2005--?

The first new American double in over 75 years, the Gold Label borrows the sleek lines of the Dickson. A 12-gauge GL with 28-inch barrels weighs just 61â

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Is there a Perazzi in there anywhere? Holland and Holland? Again, though, I think I have to agree with drsfmd. No Krieghoff = no credibility. You can't deny the durability or popularity of the K-80. Or the precision swiss-watchishness of the trigger mechanism.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
"The Best" anything is pure OPINION! And "opinions" are like a$$holes, everybody's got one. So the list is based on the writer's opinion.

While I have shot a lot of different guns (and owned quite a few), I know I have only had my experiences with the gun in my hands at any given time, not the "entire population" of that particular gun. To really KNOW a gun and be an expert on it, you have to shoot it for a lifetime to comment on its strengths, weaknesses, and durability, not even counting the fact that there usually are some "lemons" that are produced even in fine guns.

So, just read the article if you want, and realize that it is someone's opinion, and that yours is just as valid.

BobK

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
F & S must allow weed breaks to get that list--

--1. Woodward O/U
2. Purdey SxS
3 Fabbri pigeon gun
4. H & H .360 Hummingbird gun
5. Boss 20g O/U
6.Win M 21
7. Perazzi MX 8
8. K 80
9.F Rizzinni R1E
10.Br A 5
11. SO Beretta
12.Br Superposed
13. 680 series Beretta
14.Win M 12
15. Westley Richards
16.David McCay Brown(w/ the celtic engraving)....

.....mix & match

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
There was a Perazzi on the list. No H&H though.

The Competitor
Perazzi M Series
Produced: 1968--present

Perazzi made its name for target guns grinding clays in competition, but the firm's gorgeous o/u game guns work just as well on feathers.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You have to remember that the lists from F&S are made by guys from New York City ..........
NEW YORK CITY!

Pass me that Pace Picante sauce and another box of those AA's.

Best regards,

Jeff

The nut list- Baker 1898 Damascus barrel double hammer gun / American Arms single shot 12 ga/ Winchester Model 12 26" IC solid rib black diamond high grade straight grip checkered stock and fore end 12ga / Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey 12ga / Winchester SX2 3 ½" 12ga / Browning Gold Hunter 20ga / Stoeger 2000 Max4 camo 12ga / Beretta AL391 Urika Gold 12ga / Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga / Springfield .410 single shot (for yet to be conceived grand babies)/ Ugartechea Model 30 12 ga/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts