Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, almost.......

Picked up a Browning copy of the 42 yesterday. It hasn't been shot much and a minor ding in the stock.....but I did get it for under $400 so I don't think I did too bad on it. Been looking hard for an original, but every good one I found was out of my price range. Had it out shooting 16yd trap with it and is ever a sweetheart.

Anyone else shoot one?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sweet Gun!!! I want an original too. One of my Dad's hunting buddies did all of his upland hunting with a mod. 42. Guys would tease him about using a "little" gun-----until they saw him shoot! He was very good with it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Last year I did buy a Winchester Mod 42, its a Simmons skeet grade gun with the silver grip cap and was in terrific shape. Even better, the gentleman from GA from whom I bought it was a pleasure to meet and do business with, a common experience of mine in buying shotguns.

I fully understand folks being taken aback by the prices of the Win 42's. I thought I paid a lot of freight for mine but I'm seeing field grades go now for quite a bit more and putting them out of the reach of many.

Congrats on your 42, I hope you enjoy it as much as I love shooting mine. Its just for fun for me...but boy, its a LOT of fun.

Cheers

Stephen

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Under $400?? Someone wanted to part with it pretty badly! VERY good price! Yes, I have one as well as an original Winchester.

BP

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I almost didn't believe it myself. Guy at the shop said it had been on the used rack 3 days......I wasn't going to let it go a 4th.

I'm so thankful I have a very understanding wife.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.