Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it was cooooold:

It really shoots flat, more so than I would like. I had big heavy gloves on and my thumb would get in the way of ejecting the spent shell. I need to get used to holding farther out, my O/U has me spoiled regarding my right hand placement. (I shoot left handed)

But I like the gun.

·
Registered
21,764 Posts
Nice picture, looks like you were successful, but what are the 2 eggs for?

cdb

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nice gun, nice birds.....I remember when all duck gun were blued/walnut, A5's 1100's Model 12's, etc., amazing how we changed in the last 25 years.

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
Marketing. Make something cheaper and convince people it's worth more money. Same with camo. I used to crawl out on bayberry bush limbs to get a clear field of fire in blue jeans and a brown duck coat with a dark olive campaign hat and ducks would land within 10 feet of me. I must admit I bought into it too because the only really good hunting wear I could get was camo. Fortunately good blued steel and walnut does not wear out, and the guns don't gain weight so they need a bigger sized finish.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
longislandloco said:
Nice gun, nice birds.....I remember when all duck gun were blued/walnut, A5's 1100's Model 12's, etc., amazing how we changed in the last 25 years.
Yup, kinda the same here........just nice walnut and shiny blue metal...............gotta love it!
:idea: In recent years everything got to have the tactical look, black plastic and flat colored gray/black metal. He!!, I don't even own/ever shot a m16......and really don't want too. :lol:

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
If you have a tendency to feel like you are reaching to get to the fore end, don't get a BPS. For some reason it feels like an even longer reach.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Virginian said:
If you have a tendency to feel like you are reaching to get to the fore end, don't get a BPS. For some reason it feels like an even longer reach.
I haven't used a pump for years, I have long arms but I don't hold far enough out. If you can picture shooting it left handed you can see why the thumb would get in the way when the fingers wouldn't if it was shot right handed.

The heavy clothes and big gloves don't help of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts