Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FOI card expires in a few months. After checking the State's web site, they say they will send me a reminder 60 days prior to it expiring. But as we all know the state is very slow in processing these cards and I am concerned that the renewal process will not be a smooth or timely as it should.

What has been your experience with this process?

· Registered
249 Posts
I have heard many stories about how the IL State Police routinely exceed the stated amount of time alotted to process and deliver a new and/or renewed FOID card.

When I sent in my application, I used this advice provided by the ISP on how to follow up and "track" my application.

Most applications are processed within 30 days from the date your payment is processed at your financial institution. If you have not received a card or letter by the end of the 30 day processing period, you may contact a customer service representative at 217-782-7980, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
On day 31, I had not received my FOID. And, as instructed by the ISP website, called and spoke with their customer service representative who verified in the system that my card was approved and would be mailed within 5-7 working days. Lo and behold the card made it to my house five days later.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
The above is good advice. Follow up if you have not received your card after 30 days time.

· Super Moderator
2,504 Posts
I have a friend who is wintering in Florida and I picked up his mail over the week-end. In the pile was his FOID renewal notice. I didn't open it to see how far away his expiration date is, but they do exist!

· Registered
30 Posts
Mine went on five weeks and I was starting to get worried this fall. Called the state police foid office talked to a wonderful girl named Stacy and she said she would put me at the front of the line. The same thing happened with my step dad. I guess next time ill send it a little sooner. But at least they work with you. (better than the dmv)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.