Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all the canucks out there. as i'm sure some (most?) here understand, it's not hard to catch the gun bug (continually purchasing guns). I'm at about 17 now (all long guns) and can see myself going and going. I was wondering what (if anything) one must do in order to be classed as a firearms collector (i've often consulted the RCMP website and sent off queries via e-mail, only to end up more confused). reside in ontario and I've got my non-restricted PAL and was just wondering if there was any declaration i needed to make or if i can keep buying (and, for the time being, registering) guns to my hearts content without hassel. i'd appreciate any info you lot can give me.

cheers

· Registered
2,414 Posts
lockstock said:
to all the canucks out there. as i'm sure some (most?) here understand, it's not hard to catch the gun bug (continually purchasing guns). I'm at about 17 now (all long guns) and can see myself going and going. I was wondering what (if anything) one must do in order to be classed as a firearms collector (i've often consulted the RCMP website and sent off queries via e-mail, only to end up more confused). reside in ontario and I've got my non-restricted PAL and was just wondering if there was any declaration i needed to make or if i can keep buying (and, for the time being, registering) guns to my hearts content without hassel. i'd appreciate any info you lot can give me.

cheers
There is no limit on the number of firearms you can own in Canada.

If you feel it necessary or just because it is a nice thing to do, join a collectors club.Each part of Canada has a club.In Nova Scotia it is the Maritime Collectors Assn.There are also collector clubs for many firearms such as the Winchester Arms Collectors Assn or Browning Collectors Assn.

Hope this is of help.

· Registered
2,414 Posts
Glad I could be of help.

Most of the firearms seem to have a collectors club of some sort.Ithaca is one of the few that does not.I like Ithacas and hope at some point in time someone will start a club up.

Is there are certain brand or type of firearm you are interested in?

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't say any brand holds a particularly special place in my thoughts. it all comes down to the individual gun. if i like the look and feel of it, i want to have it (which is a lot of guns i've come across).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.