Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shot 2 rounds of trap, 1st 8 hits (25), second 12 hits (25) from the beginner 16 yard line (goes up to 28) not sure the total distance, but roughly ~40 yards or so to typical target.

gun shoots like a dream, the ghost ring sights make target aquisition simple.

went over to the rifle range and fired slugs (shoulder still in pain! lol), and scored 3/6 in the black area on the standard 25 yard concentric target. Other 3 shots off a little when I developed a flinch, lol.

fired 2 boxes of 7.5 in 12 gauge, split 10 shells of 2 3/4 slugs with a friend, and we fired 10 rounds of 00 2 3/4, and another box of 01 3" (kicked nearly as hard as slugs, maybe as hard, hard to tell)

anyways the sights are pretty darn close to perfect, all shots from a standing position so it's not like I was going to be able to tell precisely anyways.

so just want to relate a positive learning experience. I had the little 20" barrel so that made it a little difficult to keep up with some of the longer trap shots I believe.

overall a great gun, going to buy more ammo now.

btw firing 01 and 02 at 25 yards is hillarious,
"did I hit it?"

dunno! there's holes all over the place now!

lol

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi Joe--

Just wanted to extend a warm welcome to Shotgunworld and congratulate you on the Mossy. It should provide years of enjoyment, and it sounds as though you're already experiencing some of the fun of shotgunning.

All the Best,

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
If you decide to get really into clays as in compitions you should get an instructor. Also an easy way to get more targets is to not use the sights to aim but look at the clay and shoot slightly infront of it.

Good Luck and happy shooting :) !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.