Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First duck hunt yesterday. Couldn't have asked for a better morning. Got a pair of drakes on the first pass. We "Hen'd out" quick. Saw 100's of birds, but had to be very selective w/ our shots. Skyline was very over cast & gray, making it very difficult to determine drakes from hens. Ended up w/ several limits (4 ducks come quick). Now to find some recipes.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Way ta go, guys!! Nice day's work. Check the recipe section of the forum. It is often good to get the skin and fat off them and use foil or plastic baking wrap to hold the moisture in when you cook them. 80% of the meat and 10% of the bone is on the breast, so I usually extract that and pitch the rest. Makes cooking a lot simpler too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats looks like a good day. Where did you guys hunt? I have been looking around at a few places. I know some guys who aren't going at all as they usually hunt on Hartwell, but the water is to low to hunt from the islands where they hunted before.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We hunted @ Clinton House Plantation. Did a Quail/Pheasant hunt there late last month(also very productive). Must have seen 1000 Mallards while we were there. Scheduled the duck hunt before we left. Have been addicted to skeet & sporting clays for 18 months. Think I may have discovered a new addiction.

P.S. Just re read your post ref: Lake Hartwell... Heard some guys from Greenwood mention Lake Greenwood was covered up w/ ducks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts