Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know y'all get tired of these newbie questions, but im only 14 and just got a 870 express. the man at dicks said i needed to take out some "plug" before i shoot it. I inspected the gun and found nothing. also before i shoot it, do i need to clean it.?sorry, niether me or my dad (even though he has 2 sg and i just got one, we don't know how rally care for them. we do oil them and wipe them with rags though)sorry about this annoyin question

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Pages 11 and 12 of the owner's manual tells you how to take the plug out if you want it out. Lots of shooters take theirs out for upland game hunting. However, for migratory birds, and some jurisdictions, you must limit your capacity to 3 shells. Personally, I leave the plug in all my semis and pumps. It is more convenient. If I can't hit with the first 3, it is hopeless anyway.

I speak for myself, when I say that it is enjoyable to help new shooters if I know the answers.

Happy shooting!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Rem, ask away mate, there is no such thing as a silly or annoying question, only silly or annoying answers.

We've all got to learn somewhere and in truth we should never stop learning. Everyone has to start somewhere.

99% of people on these forums learned the tricks of the trade by asking questions to more experienced shooters.

You will find a wealth of knowledge here, and friendly people who will help you out as best they can.

Its always good to see a newbie entering the fold. There is always something to learn here no matter how experienced you may be.

Be safe and enjoy your shooting.

Leeboy

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Personally, I like to help out any new shooter-gun owner any way I can, and I think most people here feel the same way. There is no such thing as a stupid question! After reading how and with a little practice, you will find your 870 extremely easy to disassemble-assemble. One of the reasons they have sold over NINE MILLION. I have shot mine for over three decades with NO problems, but if anything does ever go wrong it is easily fixed, 'cause they are so simple and made with so few moving parts. Congratulations on your purchase! You made a great choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts