Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a ithaca 300 semi 12ga. I'm planning on heading out for some trap shooting tomorrow. Anyways i went to load it, got it loaded, then went to unload it. Heres the problem when i pull the slide back, it will eject the round in the chamber, but will not cycle the next shell up and out. Is there something wrong? or will it only cycle when im actually firing. I can get it unloaded but i expected it to unload like that........First time with a shotgun. also what do these usually go for price wish, i would say the gun is in good-very good condition. any help would be great, thanks

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I can't say for sure without seeing the gun,, but on the surface it might be that when you open the action you are not getting the bolt all the way back and actuating the mag release. You say it works when firing so it seems as though it does in fact function ok. You might try a breakdown of the main receiver groups and spraying the action etc with some Brake of Carb cleaner and lightly lubing it. It just might be "gunked" up as it was a used gun. Good luck

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Ithaca/SKB barrel recoil model will not manually feed rounds. You have to unload round from chamber, close action, and push in on shell latches to remove rounds from magazine. Not a good design, but that's hw you have to do it. Thanx!

Les Hovencamp
www.diamondgunsmithing.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lecky56 said:
The Ithaca/SKB barrel recoil model will not manually feed rounds. You have to unload round from chamber, close action, and push in on shell latches to remove rounds from magazine. Not a good design, but that's hw you have to do it. Thanx!

Les Hovencamp
www.diamondgunsmithing.com
thats how i unloaded it, i just expected to be able to manually feed rounds, no big deal just want to make sure i didnt buy a broken gun

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Nice looking gun, give us an update how it goes on the trap field!

Bob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bobshouse said:
Nice looking gun, give us an update how it goes on the trap field!

Bob
they were not shooting today, since it was very windy and 20 degrees out(gotta love N.E.) hopefully this week it will warm up and i can give it a try

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
That's a beauty - looks like brand new!

Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts