Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:idea: hey guys im about to get my new shotgun. i only want to spend between 200-300 on it and i need you guys help to help which one to get.i want 20gauge and any ideas which one i should get?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Welcome to shotgunworld, please feel free to join up and log in.

As for your question we need to know what you want to use it for? Do you prefer any action type or do you want us to recomend? What do you like in a gun? The last question is by far the most important!

I look forward to helping you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks gordon setter.ive been shooting my .22 rifle for about 3 months now and im ready for shotgun.i just want to have fun shooting some doves and quails.would you please explain to me which one would be good

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
A Remington 870 Express in 20 gauge with the 26" barrel should do you just fine. They can be had for $250 and are as light as you will want in a pump at 6.25lbs. It should also last for ever.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good decision on the 20 gauge, its all you need and with practice you can kill any bird that a 12 gauge will not get beat to death.

I have a Winchester Model 1300 pump shotgun, I recommend it because it has always been reliable and my favorite thing about it is the action is made to start the rearward motion for you and all you got to do is barely move it back and push it forward, this is to allow you to shoot it faster.

Mine was on sale brand new for $218 but it was marked down from $250.

I would recommend this gun to anyone, but you should really go to a shotgun dealer and ask to see different shotguns and see which one fits you best.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
There if you can't get four rounds in the magazine, it means the plug is installed. Your instruction manual will tell you how to remove it. You should be able to get four in the magazine and then load one directly into the chamber.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm getting my 2nd shotgun in a few days. I wanted to get it today since tomorrow's my birthday, kind of as a birthday present to myself, but my Mom wouldn't let me. I'm getting a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge with a synthetic stock from Wal-Mart. It's going to cost me about $240 with sales tax, but I'm going to get a few accessories like a shotshell holder and a rubber recoil pad. Since I'm getting a synthetic stock, I can leave them on the gun without having to worry about moisture ruining my gun stock when it collects under the rubber and nylon padding and straps. I think it'll be a pretty good shotgun for me, I'm build like a brick outhouse (for lack of the most common phrase used to describe me) and I think I can take the recoil of a 12-gauge with light field loads or #00 buckshot in it. I just got into shooting skeet when I went to Hunter's Safety Education about a week ago, and I used a Rem. 870 Express 20 gauge Youth model. I had a lot of fun, and I got two out of three clay birds I shot at. Personally, I think the 20 gauge will fit you fine; the recoil is not bad at all unless you don't seat the gun against your shoulder right; it WILL kick your cheek-bone, and it will hurt too! :(

Oh well, that was my $0.2 1\2 cents :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take a hard look at the Benelli Nova 20ga. It's under $300, has great accessories (check out benelliusa.com). I also love the Remington 870 20g, but the bluing should have better rust resistance on the Benelli than what I've seen on the Remington Express models. You might also consider the Stoeger line of side by side 20ga guns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive got a Remington 870 Express Youth gun and was wondering where I might be able to find pistol grips for it.Everywhere I look they have them for 12gauge but what about 20?

·
Registered
508 Posts
First comment on Pistol grips: If you mean without a buttstock... DON'T DO IT! lol. second... pg's are largely the province of the HD crowd, and they prefer 12's, so the market for 20's is limited. Don't know of too many players out there making pg stocks for 20's. But I could be mistaken, there are other guys who could tell you more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.