Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this Sept 7 will be my first hunt for pheasants and I wont to know some basics so I don't look like a complete armature. I do shoot sporting clays. and I am well trained in safety but what are some of the edict that i may not know. it will be a all day hunt with a round of clays to warm up and then a tower shoot and lunch then a hunt of about 3-4 hours with dogs all for $200 well what you think and what should I know :?:

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Safe gun handling is the most important thing!!
Other than that I would only say:

Do not give the dogs any commands

Only take retrieved birds from dogs when instructed to by handler

Do exactly what the handlers say

Have Fun

·
Registered
328 Posts
Practice taking the gun off safe while mounting your gun, over, and over, and over again. The gun must be on safe unless you're about to shoot it.

Always be aware of the location of your companions, dogs, vehicles. You must always point your gun in a safe direction at all times.

Unload the chamber, locking back the action, whenever you negotiate difficult obstacles, like barbed wire fences.

Enjoy what I believe to be the ultimate recreation, but always do what you do safely.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.