Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
The first time I went I went with absolutely nothing. Rented the gun, paid for the rounds, bought the shells, they provided eye/ear protection. Just try to have fun!

Then before your second time you can break the bank on all the accessories.

After my first time there I spent about 15-20 minutes watching people shoot and seeing what they wore/carried. Turns out, its pretty much everything. Vest/no vest, pouch/no pouch, shooting bag/no shooting bag, gloves/no gloves, earmuffs/earplugs/both. My instructor gave me the best advice I thought which was buy a lot of everything at first and try it out. What you dont use is easily resold. So I hit here and ebay and bought 3 or 4 shooting bags and pouches of different sizes trying to find the right one - which I still havent. I found I liked an longer/oversized Browning vest with the Reactar pads instead of wearing an extra layer or two. Anyway, it will only take a week or two before you're starting to see what works for you and what doesnt. Browning's Broken Birds line seems to be a lower cost line of vests/bags if you're looking to try something out before breaking the bank. Or like I said, ebay. The canvas/leather shooting bag I like most so far I bought for $5 if only I could get that musty smell out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.