Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention All GA Sporting Clays Shooters and FITASC Shooters:

On Saturday, September 19 & Sunday, September 20, Big Red Oak Plantation, Gay, GA is hosting the first annual FITASC in the Field and Sporting Tournament. It is scheduled to be 100 FITASC targets and 200 Sporting Clays targets set on 4 Parcours and 2 Sporting Clays Courses.

Information can be found at the Georgia Sporting Clays Website or the following link:

http://www.ga-sportingclays.org/2009pro ... redoak.pdf

For additional information, call Big Red Oak Plantation @

706-538-6870 Office
706-538-6222 Pro-Shop

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We just wanted to let everyone know to register for the FITASC portion of this shoot as announced. You might not be able to get into the FITASC tournament if you just show up. The sporting portion of the tournament will be European rotation, so after shooting FITASC, you will be able to shoot the sporting tournament.

See you there.

Harvey Schwartz

·
Registered
678 Posts
For all that have not shot there, this should be a must attend! Great folks and a very pretty place!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just courious Harvey, who's setting the targets for FITASC ?
PA

·
Registered
151 Posts
Very good shoot today at Big Red Oak. I shot both sporting clays courses and then the 100 bird FITASC event. Miserable conditions because of the rain, but were very good courses. And only my second time shooting FITASC. Great targets, some a little hard to see in a driving rain storm. But it seemed well thoughtout and all targets were hittable.

If you didn't make it out there today, they will be doing it all over again tomorrow. So get out there and have some great fun shooting in the rain, I promise you will dry out.

Afterall, how often do you get to shoot FITASC without doing it at a major shoot. We were able to get 300 registered targets in 1 day.

Paul Ashley

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Paul,

1) How many shooters attended?

2) Where are the scores?

3) Any room for tomorrow's FITASC?

Thanks,

I.S.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't know how many shooters as I was only intrested in what I was doing. ( and it was pouring down rain)

As I understand it, scores will be posted on the GSCA web site AFTER tomorrows shoot as it is a 2 day event. You could shoot any and or all events Sat or Sunday.

Give Big Red Oak a call to find out any details about the shoot as I was only a shooter and not anything to do with putting the shoot on.

Big Red Oak:
Office: 706-538-6870
cell: 706-977-0281

PA

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On behalf of the Staff @ Big Red Oak, we want to thank all those attending our 2 day shoot this past Saturday and Sunday. I believe all attending would agree, the targets on both sporting courses and FITASC were some of the best thrown. Although the weather ran some of our fair weather shooters off, the tournament were very well run.

For those of you who want to practice your FITASC, the parcours are going to be left alone till the middle of October. Why don't you come and practice.

Thanks,

Harvey Schwartz

·
Registered
751 Posts
Harvey,
Thanks to you and Jimmy Warren for your help with the BRO staff putting on this great shoot! I will be coming back over to BRO to teach on those great targets Oct 1-4. If anyone is interested in spending time with me there, please contact me @ [email protected] or by phone 803-328-9321[Home/Office] 803-517-4216 cell.

Best Regards,

Will Fennell

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thur. and Fri. are full. I have a couple of spots open in Sat. and Sun. Should be great to be able to work on these great targets, so give me a call if you are interested!

Will

1 - 13 of 13 Posts