Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Requesting assistance and advice on how to remove the barrel from the receiver of my mod K121 Flite King - High Standard 12 GA.

Because spent shells frequently lodge firmly in the chamber and must be removed manually, it has been advised that I hone and polish the chamber to remove years of built up grime and solids.
To do this, I need to remove the barrel .It appears from drawings and inspection that the barrel simply unscrews from receiver.

Is there a recommended spanner or product specific tool that attaches to the barrel for removal. I observe a small notch in the barrel at the receiver. Is this used to remove ???

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
i don't think you remove the barrel, but someone may know differently.

if you just want to polish the chamber, find or take your old style 3 piece cleaning rod set---or get one of the new one piece [3 foot], a 12 gauge brush, a cut [1 x 1.5''] piece of maroon scotchbrite wrapped around the brush----either go in from the muzzle or put the brush in the chamber----insert the rod in the muzzle and then screw the two together in the receiver---then pull it back into yhe chamber. then hook a drill onto the shaft--squirt some penetrating oil there and go till polished.

you'll need to flush the crud out of the receiver later---brake cleaner does a good job.

i leave an assembly like this set up--it isn't difficult at all.

it certainly may need cleaning, but alot of guns are having problems with steel based shells these days. if the polish job doesn't work, try some target loads that are brass based

·
1,205 Posts
The barrel "simply" unthreads; the small notches in the barrel and receiver are witness marks that will tell you that the barrel is tightened into the correct position. With that said, you would need a barrel vise and a suitable "wrench" to fit and protect the receiver in order to seperate them. All this effort is not needed in order to simply polish the chamber. Just make a polishing tool long enough to run from the rear of the receiver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sincerely appreciate your Comments. I had planned to use a brake cylinder honing tool which could not be loaded from the business end of the barrel,

I will look into maroon scotch brite. Sounds like an emery cloth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.