Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a new Beretta EELL and love the thing to death, it came with flush chokes.

Are these ok? If they are not extended does that mean that they will perform differently?

I have skeet/skeet in all the tubes.

Info would be great.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
In "general," an extended choke will effectively pattern about .001 tighter than a flush with the same constriction. Of course, every choke, barrel and shell is different, so the only way to really find out is do what bd said. If you are that concerned about it, take it to the pattern board.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Every now and then you hear horror stories about stuck chokes. I am not certain that the cause is always known but possibly due to threads not having been lubricated when installed. The correct approach is to make sure you lubricate the threads with a good grease. When you store chokes, keep the threads greased so that if you want to install them your set to go. I have and use some fluch chokes but if I buy new chokes I always buy extended. They are easier to change and even if stuck you can get them out without damaging the barrel threads. I happen to use a good lithium based wheel bearing grease the same as I use on the hinges. Any good grease is better than dry.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
There is no difference in extended or flush chokes when shooting skeet. There can be a difference of the fit of any choke to the bore that makes some differences in patterning with skeet chokes, but that is true for both flush and extended chokes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont mean to steal the thread, but I have a miroku o/u that has 26" barrels. I would like extended tubes, but Im not sure I can have anything but thinwall chokes installed. Im thinking colonial thinwalls because they are cheaper then Briley. Colonial has a 2" extended choke, or a smaller extended choke, which reminds me of the old winchokes, but Im wondering if that will even work because the barrel taper (at the end of the barrels). Do you think the choke tubes would be touching each other 2 inches past the end of the bores? Would Briley be the way to go instead?

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
GenuineDouble said:
I dont mean to steal the thread, but I have a miroku o/u that has 26" barrels. I would like extended tubes, but Im not sure I can have anything but thinwall chokes installed. Im thinking colonial thinwalls because they are cheaper then Briley. Colonial has a 2" extended choke, or a smaller extended choke, which reminds me of the old winchokes, but Im wondering if that will even work because the barrel taper (at the end of the barrels). Do you think the choke tubes would be touching each other 2 inches past the end of the bores? Would Briley be the way to go instead?
Without reference to the 2" issue, Briley would be the way to go, period.

With reference to the 2" issue, if you want 2 inchers, Briley will make them for you. And if 2" chokes would touch, you're looking at some severe barrel convergence problems, which you would have already noted in your shooting. In less words, no, 2" chokes are not going to touch each other any more than extended chokes of any other length would.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If someone desides to get extended chokes for their Browning, is there any real difference between the Diana, Midas, or Titanium chokes from Browning? Is there any reason to go with Briley over Browning?

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
From a shooter of Brownings for many years, I can tell you that in my experience, either Briley or Tru-Lock extended chokes work as well as any on the market.

Tru-Lock has the best price, and the quality is identical, and customer service and warranty are second to none.

No other brand or style will do any more for you except maybe help lighten your wallet. My experience with Tru-Locks has been superb.

They make both Flush and Extended chokes and are available in either blued or stainless steel.

www.trulockchokes.com 1-800-293-9402

DLM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.