Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Your stance can impact your swing and follow-through. I would have someone watch you shoot. You may have to adjust your stance for skeet.

In skeet, you don't typically have a front foot and back foot. If you do, then chances are that you have to twist your back to get to some shots. A better stance has your feet roughly shoulder width apart. For a right handed shooter, keep the majority of your weight on your left foot. When you swing, you turn through your legs, not your upper body.

I hope that makes sense. That was one of the adjustments I had to make for skeet and it helped. More than anything, I really have to concentrate on what I'm doing in skeet. I have about 3 or 4 bad habits that will come out if I don't concentrate enough.

Having said all that, I've seen people stand just about every which way to shoot skeet. I've seen a 16 year old do the exact opposite of what I just explained. He shot well and hit just about everything. I told him that 20 years from now his back won't like the twisting he's doing. :)

Anyway, practice your swing and see if you reach a point some way through it where your body doesn't want to continue turning/swinging. If that is the case, then your stance is part of the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.