Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an original Benelli Sport and someone swapped out the forearm cap with a recoil reducer. Parts lists I have seen don't mention the Sport. Is the cap interchangeable with SBE, Montefeltro, M1, etc.?

·
Registered
266 Posts
my cap on my 12 ga. sport is intercangable with my 20 ga. montefeltro.
I am changing them often with my mercury recoil cap depending on what i am shooting/hunting.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Charlie. The same is true of the Beretta 391 in that one cap fits both 20ga and 12ga. When looking at parts lists at Numrich and Brownells they mention the Super 90 Montefeltro, which I guess is the same as the more recent Montefeltro. I'm going to shoot it today with the recoil reducer and see how I like it that way. Still would like to have the original cap, however.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a close call. My other Benelli is an M2 and I've had more than a few cycling problems with the gun, some of which has been ammo related.It got so it would only cycle STS and AA shells. Like some women, it had become high maintenance. Then I took it apart, cleaned and lubed everything and it went back to shooting Federal and Remington promo loads. Anyhow, back to the Benelli Sport, which I took the precaution of cleaning thoroughly before shooting it. First time out, I stepped into the box, loaded two shells, pulled trigger and second shell (live round) ended up sticking out of ejection port. I thought, "Oh Oh. Here we go again!" After I cleared that round, however, it went on to function perfectly over the next 50-60 shots. I am very pleased. The recoil reducer will probably stay put as I scored pretty well with it using a LM choke at sporting clays. So now I have two Benellis and 4 Berettas, 390's and 391's. As the man once said, so many guns, so little time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts