Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located a Fox double in "good" condition. The action is moderately engraved, no inlay. Ashley H Fox engraved in a small banner on the sides. Sn# 27XXX. I am interested in finding the age and a ballpark value for this firearm if possible. Thank you. Patch

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
1922 started with 27001 and ended with 27900.

The grade of the gun should be in the break it will be an A through F if any... need to know that for value

G

·
I have just bought a Fox model B (savage) that I have been trying to get some info on. Could someone help

Fox model B by Savage Arms, 12 ga double. Very nice shape, not much use. Serial # does not seem to be in the range above. it does have a B-D in the break like you mention above.

Am curious as to age or rough guess at value.

thanks

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
The Fox "B"s aren't in the same class as the older Fox doubles. They were built to a price point as a utility shotgun and are comparable in value to a Stevens 311 , or, Up to $300 or so if really nice.

Dating them is a bit harder and to the best of my knowledge the only accurate way is to contact John(?) Callahan , he has the records, you can find him by putting Callahan in this sites search engine. Savage took over Fox in 1930 or so.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cleaned the firearm last night and it is an Ansley H. Fox. The rust pinpoints cleaned up fairly well. The engraving is even better when cleaned. Thanks again for your efforts. I will watch the sale sites for values.

G

·
Patch said:
I have located a Fox double in "good" condition. The action is moderately engraved, no inlay. Ashley H Fox engraved in a small banner on the sides. Sn# 27XXX. I am interested in finding the age and a ballpark value for this firearm if possible. Thank you. Patch

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you still have the gun described in your e-mail. I am interested in acquiring guns made by my grandfather Bert Becker. He was a contractor for A. H. Fox during the years 1910-1929 in Philadelphia. If you still have gun and would be interested in selling it let me know please and I can give you further details to help identify it. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.