Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I am new to semi auto shotguns and purchased a Franchi 612 to shoot skeet and sporting clays. I have been disassembling and assembling the gun each time I go out. Today, after assembling the gun, I noticed there was something sliding back and forth behind the forestock. I disassembled the gun and re-assembled but I still have the part sliding back and forth. The gun operated without issue, but the sliding was annoying. It appears to be a metal sleeve marked light at one end and heavy at the other. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just recently purchased the Franchi 612 shotgun myself. This is a great shotgun. What you are experiencing is the gas piston moving backwards and forwards when you have the bolt opened (pulled back). This is normal. I purchased mine about 2 weeks ago and love the gun. Shoots great and easy to take down and clean. Get you some pipe cleaners for the two gas ports in the barrel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Sabre are you new to shooting sheet and sporting clays? I shot skeet for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago and did fair using the Franchi 612. I purchased the 24" barrel mainly for hunting, seems everyone at the skeet range go for the 28-30" barrrels. What size do you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep,
brand new to clays/skeet and really to shotguns. I've been shooting handguns/rifles for quite a while but have avoided clays for fear of getting hooked on yet another hobby. I have been thrilled with the Franchi 612, seems really easy to get used to and functions well. I have the 30 inch barrell that is ported. The gun came with 3 chokes, of which I have been using the improved cylinder for skeet. Do you know if a skeet choke is available?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just purchased a "Comp-N-Choke" Extended Skeet(.005) choke and it works great. The end of the choke is vented or ported and it has really helped with skeet shooting. I purchased the 24" barrel mainly for hunting and the extended choke adds another 1-1/2" to the barrel. So far I really like the Franchi 612 and with the new Turkey loads for the 3" magnum shell with 2oz of shot this should be all that I need for Turkey hunting without going to a 3-1/2" gun. Even though I have hunted since I was a kid, I am new to skeet shooting and that skeet choke really made a difference last weekend.

G

·
Im 17 and going duck hunting for the 14th year in a row. I have shot only pump guns my entire life but have taken interest in the 612 due to the quality, performance, reliability, and great customer service i was told of. My question(which i know im off topic sry), is would it be a suitable gun for duck hunting? It is a branch of benelli and I know that they are known for semi-autos that do not malfunction or jam in the field, even if you are in the cold dirty duck blind.
I would love to hear first hand from the people that own them.
Thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.