Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the Franchi compare upto the berettas? Any advise/info would be great. Price difference would be about $400. The beretta models without the Kick off pad. Thanks again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Some have good luck with the Franchi 912, but I didn't. Even with 3.5" shells it would jam about every three shots. It is possible that it was sensitive to certain shell types, but that is not acceptable to me. I have several friends with the extrema and they all love them. If the berretta fits that would be my choice.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have never held or seen, much less shot a franchi 912, so I can't really give you insight on it. I have seen several posts that say they are nice guns, and I have also heard of the jamming problem on several occasions. As for the berettas, I own several beretta semi's(2 390's and a 391) and they are all great guns. If you have some experience with the franchi, weigh that against the great reputation of the berettas and the price difference. If the $400 doesn't really make a difference to you, go with the one that fits you best. I always default to the rule of when in doubt go with the "B" gun.

JJ

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
All three are very good guns. The Xtrema's gas systen is designed after the 912's so there are some similarities there. They all have automatic magazine cutoffs with cartridge release buttons at the back of the carrier. The Xtrema's have an additional feature with the bolt lock back lever. Both the Xtrema's and 912 have rotary bolt faces. They all come with shims to adjust the fit of the stock. The Xtrema I and 912 have a very similar and larger feel to me. Weight wise they are also very close. The Xtrema II is a little thinner in the grip of the stock and have deeper grooves in the forearm. It also feels a little lighter than the other two. The Beretta's have lower/flatter ribs to the Franchi's higher rib. They all hold five rounds total and can take an extention to hold more. They are all very easy to clean and are some of the better 3 1/2" models. Anyone of them is a good choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts