Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was informed, that Franchi has discontinued the "Alcione" and "Veloce" product line. It is being replaced with the "Renaissance" product line.

Does anyone have any information on this subject?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed that the website doesn't show any over/unders. This is a little perturbing since I bought my Alcione T less than a year ago. I would've guessed they'd leave the alcione/veloce models on the website until they're ready to release the names and photos of the replacement lines. I'm glad I bought both 12/20 barrels up front and I like the gun, but buyer's remorse may set in if they walk away from their U.S. over/under lines.
Does anyone know anything about the Franchi Artistocrat? After seeing the Franchi website I did a quick search on gunbroker.com and only found 4 alciones for sale, but many listings pertaining to parts for the Aristocrat. I've never heard or seen anything about this gun.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Guys, Franchi has phased out the Alcione and it's going to be replaced by the "Renaissance" in 3 models:

-Field
-Classic
-Elite

Haven't seen any pictures yet.... maybe the ones on the European website are representative.

I love my Alcione SX. Best wood I've ever seen on a > 2000.00 gun!

·
Registered
356 Posts
slainte60 said:
Haven't seen any pictures yet.... maybe the ones on the European website are representative.
Correction: The ones on the European site may be representative... :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I seen the pics of the new O/U from a local dealer. They have the new butt pads like on the new I-12. Can't wait to pic one up and see how it shoulders.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've been checking the franchiusa.com site every so often to see if the new ones are there yet, but...... nothing so far. That's interesting about the I-12 recoil pad. I guess they are going to have a more "contemporary" look than the Alcione/Veloce line- I'm sort of partial to the classic look the Alcione has.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had a chance to shoot the "Renaissance" a couple of weeks ago at the DU great outdoors festival. VERY nice piece.Comes up well and is relitively light. One small thing I would like to see changed is the rounded pistol grip,it just seemed a little too small for my hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.