Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying one and wanted opinions. The gun fits me better than any I have picked up. I plan on using it for skeet and some upland hunting. It is a pretty light gun and wanted to know if anyone uses it at a skeet or clays course. Thanks for any input.

TyJake

·
Registered
98 Posts
The titanium version seems a little lite for target shooting. Its a good weight for hunting though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I purchased the Franchi 612 model autoloader about a month ago and so far I am extremely impressed with this gun. It has great balance and the workmanship is superb. It comes with shims to adjust cast and drop. It is gas and recoil operated with the recoil spring and gas piston in the forearm. The gas piston is adjustable between light loads(7/8oz to 1-1/4oz) to heavy loads(3" magnum Turkey loads). It has shot everything I have fed it from 7/8oz field loads to 3" magnum turkey loads without a single hiccup. It is one of the easiest guns I have seen to clean, you can take it down, clean it and have back together in 20 minutes. I have patterned the gun and it is dead on the money. I know time will tell but so far I can't say enough about the gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thashooter,

Have you shot one at a skeet or clays course? I would be interested to know if it kicks like a mule or not. It weighs around 6.8 lbs so I was a little concerned about recoil while target shooting but for hunting it would be a great gun to carry for pheasants all day.

TyJake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts